Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

The Bike is starting to look good. Stickers???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bike is starting to look good. Stickers???

Today I installed some blue LED lights in the front end, rear end and in the fairing holes. Ordered a sweet undertail kit off ebay and possibly a D &D Slip on enhaust. It's coming along nicely. I am not a big fan of underbody lighting but I must admit it looks really good. I will have to post some pics when its done. The main reason for this message. Does anyone know the easiest meathod for removing the warning stickers. I know that a hairdryer, credit card and gas are the most common. Just curious if there is an easier way that spending a frustrating 2-3 hours on 4 stickers. Thanks.
    REMEMBER... A GOOD friend will help you move. A REALLY good friend will help you move a body!... Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!

Vehicles.
    1987 22' Sea-Ray Seville
    2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon (lifted 5" w/ 35" Goodyear MTR's)

wd-40 just peel it off then spray wd-40 over it and it wipes off easy nuff
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I let mine sit in the sun for several hours till noon and peeled them all off with my fingernail in about 5 minutes. I used Goo Gone to remove the residue but WD - 40 would work well also.

Comment

right on. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks.
        REMEMBER... A GOOD friend will help you move. A REALLY good friend will help you move a body!... Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!

Vehicles.
        1987 22' Sea-Ray Seville
        2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon (lifted 5" w/ 35" Goodyear MTR's)

Comment

The dealership I got my bike at said use the Bumper Sticer Remover from AutoZone.

Comment

After heating them up and pulling them off, I used the turtle wax bug and tar remover. It actually waxes as it removes.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

the sticker on the tank of my '93 was BAKED on, and only chipped and flaked when i tried to get it off.

i let it sit in the sun about two months ago, then sprayed it with some Goo Gone graffiti remover and scrapped with a plastic putty knife... came right off, but needle more remover spray and gentle scraping.
              KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
              X