No announcement yet.
X

No more MSF discount on insurance...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freakin legal mafia . I frikking HATE Progressive , too ! They raised my rate by like 120% (I dunno , but it was MORE than double) for no apparent reason a few years ago . Geikco (sp?) gets my money , now . Stupid insurance people
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I can't complain about mine. They are pretty reasonable. It is just a meduim sized broker. I am insured with Mississquoi and have been since the day I started driving...24 years ago. I have been with the same broker for 20 years, so I am considered a "valued customer"...especially since my only claim to them was a windshield about 10 years ago.

My rates are as followed:

92 1100 Kat..coverage is fire, theft vadalism, 1 million liability...$130 plus tax

93 1100 Kat...same coverage....$140 plus tax

93 Volvo 850 GLT...same coverage but 3 million liability....$160 plus tax

Renters insurance with $40k coverage....$240 plus tax.

$670 a year for everything.

Want a good tip? If you bike is 2-3 years old and you are a relatively good rider, don't waste your money on full coverage. Go with fire, theft and vandalism only. It doesn't make much sense to insure a $5k bike at $1k a year in premiums. If you go 2-3 years like that, you have pissed away half the value of the bike.
      If I happen to wreck my bike, it will not be claimed as wrecked. It will be tossed on a trailer and brought home to the garage....and then the cutting torch comes out and it gets cut up into little pieces. Then a call will be made to the cops to file a report on how my bike just happened to be gone when I woke up in the morning.
      I know this is not ethical....but show me one ethical insurance company and I will follow the rules.
      And before I hear any "blah blah" about this being the reason rates are so high, just remember that my only claim in 24 years of riding has been a windshield. So with all the premiums I have payed out in this time, my conscience will be clean if I have to use my method.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Ive had progressive for over 2 years and I never got a discount for MSF
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
        X