No announcement yet.
X

Who do you roll with ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three people in my club.. Me, myself and I...

sometimes followed by Md86, Felix, babs, and someday Taz
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I ride with a group most of the time. Usually between 10-20 riders.

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus

I hope to part of this group this summer!!! I will be on the westside of Ohio!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Now that my main riding partner sold his gixxer I have no real riding partner anymore. There are some guys at work that ride, but none as much as me...which sux.

I was thinking of putting up an ad in the local paper for some riding partners to hang with now and then, but God only knows the squids I'd get to answer that!

Comment

i'm all by myself. no one to ride with here. so most of my riding is short....boring by yourself.

www.vwvortex.com
            I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
            Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

but atleast we can ride right I get alittle lonely too when I ride alone..so then I find some twisties or crack the throttle and vvrrooommm

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                but atleast we can ride right I get alittle lonely too when I ride alone..so then I find some twisties or crack the throttle and vvrrooommm
                I find myself hopping the throttle alot when riding alone too. Bad habbit lmao
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by DJHowie
                  i'm all by myself. no one to ride with here. so most of my riding is short....boring by yourself.
                  I would ride with you DJ. Then we could pick up chicks together.

You would have to shave your head first though, I only hang out with people with shaved heads.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Corey and I can go out just about every day!
                    Dates to the movies dont count...
                    We're talking about riding buddies, not

Comment

I typically end up riding with my best friend who keeps his FZ1 in my garage. I converted him from the typical no-gear wearing metric cruiser guy. He has laid his bike down twice but has worn full gear both times!

Hopefully this summer there will be a trip over into WV/PA/Kentucky to meet up with some KPers.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT

You might be in for a trip just to get to the good roads down here , as Dayton is like and hour and a half from here , and Lexington is another 45 mins-1 hour south . That's why I don't get to ride with Babs , Z , and Felix all that much . I ride with Taz when he doesn't have to watch the kids , and another guy named General every once in a while . There are a few people at work I've hooked up with over the winter that I'll probably ride with this year , too . They might be into riding a little bit faster than the "straight to jail" pace though , from what I hear .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My homies... (Hope I don't forget anyone!)

Stevnmd
                          AHF
                          Faith's Girl
                          Katanagirl23
                          Falcn (When he lived closer)
                          MangledBug (See the above)
                          Soulrider
                          Suprchase
                          El Bandito
                          Psuedonym
                          Liiv2day

Have met up with..
                          87 Hurricane
                          87's Wife
                          BigBean
                          Tzortn

Rode with too many people to name at the Gap

Our girlies + MD86 Cherohala skyway ride was my favorite... Closely followed by our ride where we had to hide under the bridge to wait out the thinderstorm.
                          www.squidbusters.com

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            Originally posted by THAZKAT

You might be in for a trip just to get to the good roads down here , as Dayton is like and hour and a half from here , and Lexington is another 45 mins-1 hour south . That's why I don't get to ride with Babs , Z , and Felix all that much . I ride with Taz when he doesn't have to watch the kids , and another guy named General every once in a while . There are a few people at work I've hooked up with over the winter that I'll probably ride with this year , too . They might be into riding a little bit faster than the "straight to jail" pace though , from what I hear .
                            Through Kentucky is a awesome ride, I would not have a prob making a weekend of it!! We will get together when I get settled in Ohio.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

GixerKat
                              Dennis Willson
                              TDRComm
                              Olderguy
                              Jason C
                              Rider4life
                              Gecko
                              SVBrat
                              Simple Guy
                              That is the normal KR crew (there is a few more that makes it every now and then), them and I have a crew of 4-5 locals that are all close friends, them and my Dad once in a while.
                              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I'm fortunate as I live in a great motorcycling city. (Atlanta, Ga, actually voted 2nd in the "Best Motorcycling Cities" from Motorcyclist magazine last September)

We also have a couple of great local forums:
                                www.georgiasportbike.com (aka GSB)
                                www.gatwisties.com (aka GAT)

I usually ride with members from the forums...truthfully, probably 95% of my friends are members of GSB/GAT.

There is no shortage of opportunities to ride and hang out. The north Georgia mountains are about an hour away from metro Atlanta and there are always posts to meet and ride every weekend.

There are usually a couple of HUGE "newbie" rides early in the season. These are a great opportunity for new members to meet the group, as well as a learning experience for those new to group riding or new to the mountains. We have dedicated "leaders and sweepers", maps for everyone, a pre-ride discussion, support vehicles, and it ends with a group lunch.
                                For the experienced riders, it's still a fun day of meeting new people, catching up with old friends and it has the feeling of a big family reunion.

There are also smaller noob rides almost every week that are organized by my friend, Amy, who works at She Rides. (www.she-rides.com, a bike apparel store focused on gear for women, but with something for everybody)

During the week, many of us get together for Atlanta's bike night at The Vortex bar & grill. It's not uncommon for there to be 20-30 GSB members amongst the 300+ bikes that show up during the summer.
                                Several of us will usually do a "city ride" after we leave bike night. We ride through downtown Atlanta and stop at the BP (local poser hangout) and then make our way up to the Buckhead community which is the financial and entertainment district of Atlanta. We hang out and pose and flirt with the girls going into the clubs - generally just goofing off and taking pics before we all head home for the night.

There's also things like Chrismas parties, trips to the Barber Motorcycle museum in Alabama, trackdays and trips to the races (many GSB'ers race in WERA and will pit together and others will simply go to support the local racers), we usually have two camping trips to Deal's Gap, a few other day rides or weekend trips to the Gap (it's only about 3 hours away), and theres the unfortunate but occasional "tribute" rides to honor the fallen. During the summer there's usually about 20 of us that meet at a local dance club and hang out on the patio for dinner and then drinks into the wee hours on Friday nights, outings to movies, concerts, etc. We're even talking about a group "Iron Butt" ride this summer.

Again, most of my friends are from the forums and the great thing about it is that all you have to do is show up and you're in...no attitudes, nobody judging you for what you look like or how much money you have, what kinda bike you ride...we have everthing from a gentleman in his 70's who rides a standard, to young guys on their first GS500's to last year's WERA national champion - and everything in between.

Here's a pic from last Saturday. A few of us taking a break at Neal's Gap (where the Appalachian trail cuts through Blood mountain in north Georgia)
                                Attached Files
                                You got it.
                                Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

Working...
                                X