X

Where to replace front/rear turn signal lenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to replace front/rear turn signal lenses

Hello all! I am the proud owner of a new-to-me '01 Katana 600. I've previously been riding an '04 GS500, which was fine, but I've always wanted a Katana, so finally went for it. I've only had it for two days! The ride is a little different than the GS500 (in a good way), so I'm taking my time before I hit the highways.

Here's my question: I'd like to replace the stock front and rear turn signal lenses with clear ones. The '06 Kats have clear lenses and I think it looks much better. Do you guys know of a good resource to order parts for the Katana?

Thanks in advance. I'm excited to be a member!

Hope this helps...

Personally I haven't found anywhere cheaper than www.mrcycles.com. Here are the part numbers for the OEM clear lenses on the '06s:

Front RH LAMP UNIT - 35610-08F10

Front LH LAMP UNIT - 35630-08F10

Rear LAMP UNITS (They are the same for left and right) - 35610-24F30

You can also get these from clear altenatives, but in my opinion they are of inferior quality and the price difference is worth it to go OEM... Good Luck!
    2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
    2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Thanks for the info. I needed a good site to go to to browse around, because I'm sure there is more that I'll want to do! I'm so excited about this bike!

Comment

That site is only really good for OEM parts... If you are looking for aftermarket stuff... www.58cycle.com is a good one...
        2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
        2008 GSXR 600

Comment

i didnt compare with either of the above mentioned but this is where i got mine. hassle free too. i got smoked integrated w/ turn signals and smoked front lenses for like $110 i think? check it out theres stuff for everything there. if thats not the right page just browse around there it seems it changes every once in a while. welcome to KR.

Comment

I have clear alternatives clear front sigs on my 02 Kat and love them. They are almost identical to the OEM ones in quality. The only way you can really tell the difference is if you get up really close(within a few inches) and see that they are like a hair off. But for the price difference.......it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by knight_rider
              I have clear alternatives clear front sigs on my 02 Kat and love them. They are almost identical to the OEM ones in quality. The only way you can really tell the difference is if you get up really close(within a few inches) and see that they are like a hair off. But for the price difference.......it's worth it.

I like my clear alternatives set as well. Just make sure to grab some chrome bulbs if they don't come with them.

I got mine off an e-bay motorcycle shop. Check it out as you might save a few bucks. I got the clear tail light, front and rear signals and he made a good deal for all of them and combined shipping!

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Clear Alternatives

Bump
                2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Clear Alternatives

I have heard many people say they were extremely happy with the Clear Alternative's product, however, I purchased a LED, clear taillight, a set of front clear lenses, and actually two sets of rear lenses (I busted one of the first set). The rear lenses were the most decent of all of them... The front lenses looked like cheap crap IMO and didn't have a really good fit into the fairing and the LED taillight looked O.K. installed but when you take it off and look at it... well, it looked kind of cheap too, it definely didn't look like it was worth what I paid for it. Also the LED taillight looked great at night, but during the day could be very difficult to see unless you looked at it in just the right angle. Maybe its possible I just got really unlucky and got some stuff from a bad batch.
                  2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                  2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Mine are a perfect OEM fit. Now I did not get the LED tail light, just the clear tail light and it is as visible as OEM. I did add a LED bulb spinner to it though for better visibility. I think I remember you posting about your lights zuzu. Maybe it was a bad batch or a mad worker who made them
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Wow... a potential double post there and KS didn't go ballistic ??

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
                        Wow... a potential double post there and KS didn't go ballistic ??

The M-60 is in for maintenance

Comment

Working...
                        X