X

Galfer WAVE Rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galfer WAVE Rotors

Could someone please explain to me why us Katana owners would need these, Why they are so friggin' expensive, and why anyone would purchase these for $539 instead of a Corbin seat?

Thanks,
    John
    I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

They come with built in flux capacitors.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Galfer WAVE Rotors

Originally posted by JohnbliYayzzy
      Could someone please explain to me why us Katana owners would need these, Why they are so friggin' expensive, and why anyone would purchase these for $539 instead of a Corbin seat?

Thanks,
      John
      you want a set don't you?
      sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
      A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

They just look COOL, and you know you want a set.

Tok

PS, I'm sure CP will give us all a very good explination.

Comment

Re: Galfer WAVE Rotors

Originally posted by Chuckwick357
          Originally posted by JohnbliYayzzy

Thanks,
          John
          you want a set don't you?
          I want a Corbin seat! I've asked for all my family members and fiancee to give me cash for my B-day so that I may put it towards the Corbin + Back....it will buffer the extreme cost....I still can't believe I'm seriously considering spending over 500 beans on a friggin seat! <sigh>
          I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

LOL! They "Look cool as hell" that's why DUHH
            02 YZF-R1 - POWER!!!!
            01 GSX-R 600 - SOLD!!
            93 GSX 750f - SOLD!!

Comment

I'm sure they were originally designed to reduce unsprung weight at the wheel and reduce heat build up(which results in brake fade). But on a Kat? yeah, they just look cool....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

If yours are warped it beats stock ones.

Comment

I'd rather have those than a corbin seat.. Dunno why someone would pay that much for a seat :P

Comment

Go for the rotors,skip the seat
                    Watch for your Guardian Angel
                    750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

I actually almost ordered those rotors, but a friend of mine suggested going to a salvage yard and looking for a bike w/ some on it already, and buy the rim.. Sometimes you can get lucky, if they don't know whats on the rim/bike..

Comment

They help you pull stoppies easier. They stay cooler so when you're hard on the breaks to get your arse off the ground it doesn't glaze the pads as quick. Plus they're about half the weight of the stock rotors making less rotaional movement meaning "in throey" you gain a slight (like not even really noticiable) increase in your acceleration. They also just grip alot better making it easier to lock up your tire or stoppie depending how good the ground is and what tires you have on your bike. So the point being unless you race your kat or stunt it don't waste the money.
                        ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

over priced. I have seen them on ebay around 100-150 bucks. Stock and wavey. I just go to galfer's site and search the part number. I guess they would help with expelling gas and a cleaning affect.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Bling.. Silly bling..

Comment

+1 on the Bling Bling...
                              "Don't taze me bro"

Comment

Working...
                              X