No announcement yet.
X

Cleaning up the Mud Flap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrapped it the day my Creese bracket arrived in the mail.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Dont forget..if ur alittle handy in the metal dept. u can make a nice little bracket yourself, and just slap on some led's and ur on ur way !

Comment

I just bought a Comp. Werks eliminator kit off ebay, and the guy threw in his fender that he had already chopped. So I tore apart the tail section, removed my fender all together, and replaced it with the one that came with the eliminator kit. Now I have a chopped fender on the bike (that worked and looks sweet), as well as the origional, just in case I decide to upgrade bikes in the future (I'll still have the stock items and can restore it to it's original setup).

Comment

Hacked it off with the Dremel as soon as I got it home. Very first mod on the bike.
          sigpic

Comment

lose the shovel now!!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              lose the shovel now!!!
              haha, workin on it
              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
                scrapped it the day my Creese bracket arrived in the mail.
                me too
                rock
                always working on mods

Comment

not to go against the grain here, but don't feel bullied into chopping it off. I chopped mine last fall and really wish I wouldn't have. Rain and debris get thrown back up and get stuck to the rear fairing. Pain in the a$$ to get that sticky road tar off. Yes, it looks better without, but decide if the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Oh, and here's a link to the bracket I made. If I can make one, anyone can

Good luck
                  Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                  Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I chopped the shovel first then changed the entire section and put a undertail on as I wanted it to have a clean finished look.
                    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

compitition werkes is having a sale. old kats were $79.00 for fender eliminator. check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL

Good luck
                        I wish I could do that on the pre 98.
                        I would have to remove the existing brackets and that is too
                        drastic. The short stalk LP lights tuck in nicely though..

Comment

i just cut the bastard off and bolted my plate to the underside and bent it out. if you think about it...with as big as the fender is, thats a major weight reduction if you chop it
                          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                            not to go against the grain here, but don't feel bullied into chopping it off. I chopped mine last fall and really wish I wouldn't have. Rain and debris get thrown back up and get stuck to the rear fairing. Pain in the a$$ to get that sticky road tar off. Yes, it looks better without, but decide if the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Good luck
                            I appreciate your opinions and I don't feel bullied into it. I thought that thing was hideous. I had planned on chopping it off but I wanted a more clean look than just givin it the axe.
                            I did chop it off today, but I think thats only temporary. I will probably either make a bracket or buy one.
                            Jackal you are right, my last bike had the mud flap on it and it helped a lot. I didnt realize it until it was removed and it rained....
                            Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

guess I didnt know what i had in that old metal fender on my yamaha, till its gone on the kat ! damn, now my back is gonna get even more soaked.. oh well, it still looks cool

Comment

Who rides in the rain???

I only Ride when it is sunny and above 80 Degrees
                                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                                -Ohlins Susupension
                                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X