X

Katana Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Performance

hey i have an 05 katana 600 and was wondering what the top 5 modifications i could to to get a little more power and the aprox. cost of each so i can start saveing

Well you could start with the cheapies. Remove the header and grind down the welds on the inside of the header. Creates less resistance, and turbulence. After that you could look into an Ivan's jet kit which is about $140 for the kat, and a slip-on or a full exhaust. Slip-ons vary from usually around $250-400. There is the timing advancer that I think is like $30 from Cyber. There are a few other cheap upgrades that I don't remember at this time. I am not very good with the search or else I would throw some links up for ya. Try searching Cheap mods, free mods, stop watch test, and some other things. Hopefully one of the search wizards can help you (and me) out on this one.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

I've got an 05' 600 as well and here's what I did to mine:

Changed the sprokets... I put a 14 in the front and a 50 in the rear. That made it alot faster off the line but lost top end (18mph to be exact). $80

K&N Air Filter $65

Yoshimura RS-3 Slip-on $300

Factory Pro Jet Kit... I did the air filter, muffler, and jet kit at the same time. Gave about 8-11 HP gain and possibly some more torque. $120

Changed Tires... Metzeler Z-6 120/70ZR17 Front & 170/60ZR17 Rear. The stock crap-a-damn's will not allow you to use your kat to it's full potential. $240

I haven't pulled off my header yet and ground down the welds yet... Give me about an hour and I'll have it done. Sounds to me like it could make quite the difference. And I've also had my computer remapped... but that's not at all inexpensive. Remapping starts at about $500 and cen get up to $3,000-4,000 depending just how in depth you wanna get. But that has definately made the biggest difference.
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
        X