No announcement yet.
X

My hydraulic clutch conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if the Kat is longer can we just cut an grind to the length we need?
    Bike is sold

Comment

But you still don't know if it works since you don't have a lever to test with.

Originally posted by monger
      Thanks reconstyle!!

so it looks like there is only about 4 mm of difference between how much the two shafts stick out of the trans housing. I would imagine that both setups could eat up that amount of difference. Or im my case, I just retracted the slave cylinder to make up for that 4 mm. Makes me feel better.
      Bike is sold

Comment

My 600 push rod measures 91.795 mm.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
          Actually I made a temporary lever out of some bar stock to test with until my new one gets here. It seems to work fine, but your right in that I havent been able to road test it yet.

Comment

So if you pull in on the lever with the bike in gear can you rotate the rear wheel?
            Sounds like you have it done. Maybe the trick is what you did by changing the home position of the slave.

Originally posted by monger
            Originally posted by Spedee
            Actually I made a temporary lever out of some bar stock to test with until my new one gets here. It seems to work fine, but your right in that I havent been able to road test it yet.
            Bike is sold

Comment

Update...

I did the swap on the pivot point today (kat to b12 cover)

All in all it looks pretty nice, I just drilled an 11/32" hole, I have, in this order, behind the cover: lock washer, washer, washer, lock washer then nut. the washers are all 12mm from Lowes. I did put some jb wled under that little hex pattern on the peg, and udner the first lock washer, then I used red thread lock on the nut.

I dont think that thing is going anywhere anytime soon!

I'll snap some pics tomorrow.
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Here"s the finished product....

Supplies I used

I put some jb weld under the hex pattern on the peg with the intention of wiping off the excess, but it turned out to make almost a perfect circle, it looked pretty good to me, so I just let it be.

I had to cut away that spongy stuff on the back of the cover, I have no idea what the point of that stuff is, but it's on there pretty good

Between the inside of the sprocket cover and the first lock washer there is some more jb weld, which is why you can't see the first lock washer.

I haven't been able to road test this yet, still waiting on parts for the b12 motor, but it looks and feels pretty solid.
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Looks great man!!

Comment

Could probably use a razor to cut away the extra JB if you really wanted to .... WONDERFUL stuff JB Weld , though ! My bike is held together with it !
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I don't think it looks terrible, I had the intention of wiping away the excess when I put it together, but it turned out to be almost a perfect looking circle, so I left it...It's not like you're going to be able to see it anyways, the shift lever/linkage will be in the way.

Well if your ride is held together with jb then I guess my pivot arm should last for a while...

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                      18v Rigid Drill

Comment

well, I put the bike mostly back together to test out the clutch setup, and it works great with no clutch rod length change. But man, what a day it has been..... putting the chain back together, I snapped my buddies chain rivet tool in half, and one of the sprocket cover bolts stripped out on me. So now I need to grind the half assembled rivet out and replace it with a clip link and I need to make a trip to the big city about 70 miles away to find a 6x1 mm bolt that is 5 mm longer than the stock one. At least I get to go bowling with some friends on the trip tomorrow.

Comment

That's great news. Thanks. My parts should be here this week.
                          Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                            I don't think it looks terrible, I had the intention of wiping away the excess when I put it together, but it turned out to be almost a perfect looking circle, so I left it...It's not like you're going to be able to see it anyways, the shift lever/linkage will be in the way.
                            Yeah , I know . I was just throwing it out there .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i might try that setup on on my kat
                              how did the road test go ?

Comment

Still no road test on my bike. Dennis Kirk screwed me on my tire so I had to re-order from another vendor. That and its snowing here again today. however i did put the bike up on the swingarm stand and play around with it in first and second gear and it seemed to engage and disengage well. However I will say this, its going to take some getting used to, because the action is so light that its a little hard to 'feel' for the friction zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X