No announcement yet.
X

Washing and waxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend had mentioned that he uses wd 40 to clean his chain and rims. I just did an oil change the other day, so I used the old oil to clean the chain and rims. I dabbed some paper towel with a little oil, and cleaned the chain rims and the lower cowl. It works just great.
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by musicman
      Interesting - why do you say that about the Armorall?
      Ever sit in a car with Armorall on the seats?

If you put it on your tires, chances are you'll crash. If you put it on your seat, you may very well slide off.
      "When people look like ants, pull. When ants looks like people, pray!"
      Suzuki Katana Templates, Manuals, Tutorials| Read This Before Buying or Trading| My Parts Wanted Thread for my '01 Katana 600

Comment

wow, i guess i'm anal about my car, therefore it passes on to my bike

Shit you'll need
        1. DAWN dishsoap(to strip old wax)
        2. a clay bar
        3. Porter cable 7424(only for swirls) along with various pads for various products
        4. various products i like poorboys world and clearkote
        5. mircrofiber towels and lots of them
        i'll break this down into steps

1. Wash the car with dawn......dry after(with microfiber towels(no cotton))
        2. Clay bar the car, this will do one very important thing, removes all the contaminants that your cant remove otherwise, if you dont do this step everything else is in vain.
        3. Rewash and dry with car soap(with microfiber towels(no cotton))
        4. Use the PC, and various products starting with the least abraisive polish(poorboys SSR1) and a white polishing pad, follow with the glaze(i use clearkote vanilla moose hand glaze), wax with caranuba moose wax applied by hand. MAKE SURE to fully break down all products
        5. buff all products off with a microfiber towels
        6. maintain with quick detailer in between waxes

thats the simple expanation because i'm tired. imagine doing that to a full size SUV(i do side jobs and make good money) it typically takes me about 6-10 hours depending on how bad swirls are and size of vehicle

any comments/questions ask me i'm a detailing FREAK
        f you can read this thank a teacher, if you an read this in English thank a VETERAN

Comment

id suggest no armorall what-so-ever!!!
          the protectants in it are known to dryout plastic
          i only know this because on my cars dash(bare plastic) those that have evr used amorall ended up with huge cracks

Comment

what you must be carefull of is using harsh detergents to wash the bike as some iwll eat away important grease/oil on lubed up places of your bike.

plain car wash should help.....do not use dishwashing liquid or truck wash

Comment

Originally posted by GSkyX-R1000
              Think of it as the same as washing your car ... just faster !!!!

Does this mean i can put on the rain suit, and go in the drive through.
              In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
              www.myspace.com/adamerogers

Comment

I use Plexus. Just Plexus.

WD-40 on the chains and I'll use a damp cloth on the wheels. That's about it.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                X