X

Choke lever stuck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,
    New to the site and this is my first post. I had the same problem too. I think that's why I got my 2000 Kat for $2000. The guy I bought it from thought it needed carb work, when in fact the choke was stuck because the cable wasn't moving. Got it home, removed the cable and freed it up with PB Blaster. It's a penetrating lub. If you guys don't have it around in your garage, you should. I've wrench professionally for many years and strickly use it on old bolts and anything else that needs to be lubed. Best stuff I've ever seen. Cables great and my 750 starts and runs like new.

Comment

lube or fix it before the Choke lever snaps off like mine did ! fortunately I found a used lever !

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Originally posted by Special K
        Here's a REALLY INEXPENSIVE way to help prevent a lot (but not all) of the problem: BUY part #21 here:

It'll be the best $5.25 you ever spent!
        Q: How does a clutch lever rubber cover help the choke cable keep working?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Hmmm....guess somebody (two of ya' actually!) GOT me! OOPS! In my old age state of mind, and in my overzealusness to try and help, I applied the wrong part and a good idea to the wrong problem!

OOPS!
        I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
        Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
        Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
        X