X

License Light Wiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Light Wiring

I just mounted my targa license light, but it did not have any wiring instructions. Can I simply splice the light in with the rear blinker light wires, or do I have to wire in somewhere else? Thanks

que es esto?

is this use LEDs, or incandesant bulbs?

LEDs are polarity sensitive.

it it just a plate light, or blikers in a license plate frame, or?
    KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

One single incandescent bulb.

Just a stand alone plate light, it has one red and one black wire.

Comment

There should be connector available for the licenseplatelight, but if not just splice it in with the taillightwires. (not the blinkerlightwires)

Comment

Go buy a wire tester at Harbor Freight or 99cent store or Dollar Store...connect one to the frame, ground...then turn on your ignition...find the hot wire...keep tester there...turn off ignition...if light on tester goes off splice the red wire to it, normally that is the positive...splice the other wire to a negative wire and you are done..
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

soccerlawn-have you moved your license plate? like to the side or somewhere other than the stock location? I am just wondering, because i think there is a light already above the stock location. just curious, thats all.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Yah, the owner before me cut the shovel and redid the flashers in the back. So there is no longer a light there.

Thanks for the info Jax, I will try that when I put in the battery.

Comment

Any time......that's what we're here for..advise and hopefully useful information!!..
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                X