X

Ontario Insurance Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Insurance Update

To make a long story really short, I had a 1997 Kat and traded up to a 2005 Kat last summer. I had some minor issues with my insurance company and caught them in a web they had spun for themselves.

As a result I thought it best to shop my insurance this year. I learned that Primmum has lowered their rates on the Katana by 20%.

Seeing as we get raped for insurance in Ontario I thought I would share.
    R.I.P. Marc

Got my renewal from them down 200.00 this year, not sure that will last with my speeding infraction getting added to next year.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Call Riders Plus 416 251-1447. (I use to be with Primmum before and they were expensive). Last year they were broker for Kingsway, however they droped them after Kingsway went up. I use to pay 1400 a year for 03 750. My policy expires in Feb and I was told that the new one will be much lower??? Will post the $$$ when I get the new policy.
      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Wow insurance is expensive in Canada...I pay $250 in liability for my 89 Kat 600...just got a quote for a 2001 Busa and for liability only it was around $550.00 a year...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
          Wow insurance is expensive in Canada...I pay $250 in liability for my 89 Kat 600...just got a quote for a 2001 Busa and for liability only it was around $550.00 a year...
          Apples to oranges, until you separate out and specify the amount of the liability portion of the above quotes.
          93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

If you have automobiles and a home to insure along with a motorcycle... call a STATE FARM agent.

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
              Call Riders Plus 416 251-1447. (I use to be with Primmum before and they were expensive). Last year they were broker for Kingsway, however they droped them after Kingsway went up. I use to pay 1400 a year for 03 750. My policy expires in Feb and I was told that the new one will be much lower??? Will post the $$$ when I get the new policy.
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
                Primmum was less than Riders Plus. I was quoted by Primmum at $850.00 for full coverage including collision at a $500.00 ded. Riders Plus is $850.00 at $1000.00 Ded. Primmum accepts 7 equal payments and Riders Plus accepts 6 equal payments. Same coverage with less deductible and easier payment = my business.

Originally posted by Junior
                If you have automobiles and a home to insure along with a motorcycle... call a STATE FARM agent.
                State Farm has the best rates but will not write any new business unless you and EVERYONE in your household is spotless. I have a clean record, unfortunately my wife met with some bad fate. Even though my wife does not have her M license State Farm will not write my policy. They told me to call back when the accident was six years old.

I responded real nice like...
                Attached Files
                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
                  I have a clean record, unfortunately my wife met with some bad fate. Even though my wife does not have her M license State Farm will not write my policy.
                  Get rid of the wife! She's OBVIOUSLY nothin but trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                    They lie !
                    at first they told me I needed a car with them if I wanted a bike but this past summer when I got the r6 I called them up again and they said just the bike is fine. I dunno if the first person I talked to was smoking something or the second guy was just mesmerized by me batting my eyelashes, but I got on with just the bike.
                    - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                      They lie !
                      at first they told me I needed a car with them if I wanted a bike but this past summer when I got the r6 I called them up again and they said just the bike is fine. I dunno if the first person I talked to was smoking something or the second guy was just mesmerized by me batting my eyelashes, but I got on with just the bike.
                      Gotta be the lashes.

Personally, I just show some leg whenever I need to get my own way.

Comment

Working...
                      X