Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So anyone not letting the Katana rest thru the winter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride every chance that I get. Too bad it's not the Kat still getting her ready, but I ride the kawasaki every chance I can.

Comment

i didn't have a choice my kat marked her territory with a lil puddle of oil so she had to take a rest. we have mild winters here and everyone has been riding past my house just to get me jealous....it's a conspiracy i tell ya

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

I have been riding my bro-in-laws. I have the cdi pulled on mine. I am thinking about going to get a sand blaster and doing a new paint job, but the humidty level has been so damn high lately.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

It's a rare day when I am not on a bike year round.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I ride whenever I can weather permitting.

Comment

I let the Kat rest through winter, too much work involved to keep it clean (especially the polished rims)
              But my gf lets me ride her CBF1000, so I can and will (as allways) ride through winter

Comment

winter what's that? The hurricane months are what I'm dreading.
                '06 600 Katana
                http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

I heard that on the hurricanes i think when that season comes around I think i might put some plastic down and wheel the kat it to my apartment keep her safe

Comment

I generally keep the bike ready year round. Took it in to work today (mid-20s in central New Jersey). I don't mind the cold so much as the fact that I really have to watch out for the patches of ice lurking around the next corner.

BTW, it just started to snow here.

Comment

Riding all year here

I'm riding all year here in Mobile too. If I'm not it's because I have other responsibilities to tend to. For the most part the weather here is like a woman. You wake up in the morning with her and you see what you got. She's either hot or cold!
                      Peace out!
                      Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
                      96 ATK 250
                      2000 Road King Classic
                      92 Suzuki Intruder 800
                      06 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by TheWrightKat
                        winter what's that? The hurricane months are what I'm dreading.
                        +1
                        One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

This Friday - 50 degrees; Saturday 56; Sunday 62.

Oh, well... if this keeps up, guess I'll tear the Kat down in February...

And all the people said in one voice: THANK YOU GLOBAL WARMING!!
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Say Black Kat- I don't live very far from ya, and my Kat runs every weekday to work when it's not raining. Mon. morning the 8th it was 26, a little chillie around my ankels and the opening of my balaclava, but overall comfortable. It mostly sits on the week-ends, due to having other busy things to do.
                            Know what ya mean....the colder it gets, the more alone you become out on the roads. I'm only seeing a few other bikes out there commuting in the morning, and useally are crusers...the sport bike riders must be caging it.
                            I ride 40 miles one way to work, and still enjoy the adventure even when its cold. So as far far as "putting it away" until spring, not this Kat! Hope to see ya on the road.
                            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Just checked the forecast for Mobile! Looks like partly cloudy and 74 degrees! Looks like a riding weekend coming up. How about it Sweetlou!
                              You been to Hooter's lately? 8)
                              Ride safe!
                              Dualsport
                              Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
                              96 ATK 250
                              2000 Road King Classic
                              92 Suzuki Intruder 800
                              06 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

She's my everyday commuter.....

I give her a break on most weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X