X

pre 98 kat grip size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 98 kat grip size?

Hey all I was looking to replace my pre-98 kat's grips and was wondering what size they were?

Also if any one know some one around central ohio that can powder coat let me know.

they are 7/8" bars. One will be larger for the throttle part and obviously smaller for the left. Some find that it is harder to find grips because of the ribs on the plastic throttle piece. Also you need to find a grip that is champhered (spelling) where it meets the plastic housing for the kill switch, if not there will be a gap between the grip and the plastic housing. i will try and get a pic of my bike because i didn't get one that fit well.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I cut the lips off, heated the new grips with a kettle to make them softer, once on I rolled them up abit to apply glue and then put the bar end on. On the other side I noticed the grip was a bit loose on the bar so I rapped the bar in hockey tape and then put the grip on with glue again and then put the bar end on.

Comment

what do you need powdercoated?and what color? were you at? and as far as putting the grips on i kept the end un cut so i could use a airline to help it slide right on then cut off the end for the bar end

Comment

I use fuel when i do mine - a tiny bit in teh grip and they slide right on - and they aint comin off without a knife
          97 Katana 600
          [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the grips that are on there are not factory because I can see the light gray plastic throttle and there is a decent gap between the grip and the switch housing.

I'm there there are tons of things I could find to powder coat. Main thing I want to get done is the wheels. I'm from newark ohio (just east of columbus a bit). I want them neon or lime green what ever you want to call the brightest green you can get. The powder coat really depends on how much its going to cost me to have done.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ███

Thats the color I want them to be.

Comment

Looks like almost Kawi green...

I used the air compressor method last time I put grips on...worked great...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
              X