No announcement yet.
X

Kat Chopper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well aside from the fact that they are polished you have stock forks, stock wheels, and motor.

The pipe is likely the original headers chromed with a aftermarket can - still not an unreasonable price and judging by the angle on the can i'd say it came off the original cat.

So if I had to take a guess - i'd think that you have the price of the cat - likely wrecked or at the very least beat up.

Headlights, handle bars, triple clamps are all purchased.

Fender appears to be just "cut down"....the rear fender can be bought really inexpensively.

Figure prolly 300 for the frame....paint job looks simple and was prolly done himself......

so figure if he paid say 1000 for a hammered kat....figure the front end stuff prolly cost a couple hund.....paint - say 100 bucks.....seat prolly a cnote as well....maybe 50 bucks for rear fender.....the big question is the oil cooler has some polished detail as does the motor - did he do that himself? hmmmm we'll go with yes just for cost savings. All in all - i'd estimate uner $2k but of course that's just an estimate.
    97 Katana 600
    [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

If he did it all himself- depending on how much the donor costs- I would say less than 1k

Comment

Any ideas on what kind of frame was used?

Comment

It is probably a custom one off frame made on a jig or something. Kat's dont have that big of a chopper following- though LCC (Low Cost Customs) does each frame on some kind of universal jig- I made my jig out of a rack off a pick up. Had a friend mill out my piece for an adjustable swing arm Stancion mount.

Go LCC mangz!

Comment

Working...
          X