X

Loading Ramp For Tundra

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Ramp For Tundra

Need to get the bike in the back of my truck for transport. Has anyone found a decent (SAFE!) loading ramp at Sam's? I see some stuff there - just wondering if anyone has used them.

Also would like advice on tie down tips so as not to damage or tip over the bike. I know that using the center stand IS NOT a good idea. I'm worried about pressure on the kickstand.... or, do you tie it off so it is standing straight up on the wheels.

Thanks guys and girls... you're the bomb.
    2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

There is alot of great info in this thread.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I use a ready ramp. It doubles as a bed extender and is super strong. I ordered mine for about $250. As far as securing the bike, you will get alot of different methods and theories. For me :

1 Bike on both wheels with no kickstand.

2 Tie-down straps on bars, and another set from passenger
      pegs going forward to tie down point in truck. One more
      strap through rear rim to forward mounting piont in truck.

3 Very important; ADJUST YOUR BRAKING DISTANCE!! I notice
      it takes longer to slow down. No fast sharp turns either.

This method has worked for me numerous times. Others will add to this. Good Luck.

Comment

I saw a cheap aluminum loading ramp (2 pieces) for around $100 at a Carquest.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

What I have done in the past is back the truck into a ditch and then use a car ramp in between the ground and the tailgate. never had any issues when doing this and I've been doing it that way for years.

Comment

Ditch method works pretty good.

Comment

I got an aluminum double folding ramp from Harbor Freight for like $70. When you unfold it all the way it covers the whole tailgate of my ranger and its long enough that I can load the Kat on flat ground without dragging the bottom of the bike on the tailgate.

Then I leave the tailgate down and stand the bike up on the wheels, 5 tie downs. 1 on each handlebar. 1 on each of the tie down bars unde th epassenger seat. And finally 1 HUGE one through the back wheel up to the front of the truck. (I figure it's a last resort to keep the bike in the back of the truck if the other ones break. Piece of mind mostly.)
              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
              2005 F4i -

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I thought I'd share how pleased I've been with this ramp. I unfortuantely sold it (inculded it with a bike I sold). I was trying to find a new ramp and came across this thread using the good old search funtion. Glad I found it again. $85 free shipping. 750 lbs weight limit.

2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
                2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                X