X

1100 Motor on Ebay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 Motor on Ebay

Not mine, so don't flame me for shilling it in the wrong forum. thought it would get more notice here, for someone who needs it.

"Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Is he smoking crack? $300 more for the carbs and oil cooler?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
      Is he smoking crack? $300 more for the carbs and oil cooler?
      actually, it not that unresonable.

FOR AND ADDITIONAL $300.00 YOU CAN GET THE OIL COOLER , CARBURATORS, AIR BOX, WIRING AND CDI/BLACKBOX/.

I would pay $100 for an oil cooler if I needed it. A new one is $550 from BikeBandit, and one of the oil lines is $90 and the other is dicontinued.

I would give up to $75-100 if my wiring harness was shot to the point of having to fabricate a new one. It's about $300 new.

CDI....not cheap to buy new. I would drop a $100 in heartbeat if I needed it.

You can expect to pay $100+ for a decent set of carbs.

gotta remember something......1127's are in demand, and they don't make them anymore. And parts for the 1100 kats are on the rare side as well.

If I was going to sell the extras he has, I would not take under $300 for it all.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Just seems high. $1300 for the motor and those parts? Throw in a few more hundred and get the whole bike...
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

yeah i have been watching it, 1500 total for it shipped. i think this is the second or third time being listed. there is a whole 1100 on ebay for i think 1700 in arizona, but has more mileage on it. i totally messed up, i had a chance to buy a wrecked 1100, complete bike that mojoe pointed out to me on ebay that was 2 hrs from me, and well i messed around and was seeing if i can get them down in price, even though it was a great price.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            Just seems high. $1300 for the motor and those parts? Throw in a few more hundred and get the whole bike...
            actually, it is a bit high if you consider the cost for the engine alone. For $1000, those parts SHOULD be thrown in. I was just stating that if you needed to buy those parts on their own, $300 is a decent price.

I also just noticed the engine is still in the bike. I don't like that. why? cuz that header is still attached.....and who knows if it has ever been removed. My 93 was never removed, and it was a bitch when I did it. I broke two bolts off....and I am not a stranger to removing bolts.

so....very possible that the guy who buys it will have to remove some busted bolts or retap some holes.

Comment

Yeah, prob. overpriced. Hopefully no one will bid and he will come back to earth. Just put it here so any peeps might be aware of it.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

there was a 93 1100 katana that just sold close to my place....for $700.

it had 20k kms on it....or about 12k miles.
                it was dumped and had serious rash on one side....but the motor was mint. someone could have parted out the frame/body, and kept the engine.

that is how you get a good deal on an engine...by buying the whole bike. seems once the engine it out of the frame, it's worth more...lol.

Comment

It's all about parting fools from their money. Where do I sign up?
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I purchased my engine for $500 (1127). The ebay dealer didnt want to sell it for 500 but he said if I won the auction for that amount then I would get it. I was lucky and now am happy to own one of the few sleepers in Indiana
                    Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
                    Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
                    Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
                    The light changes to green light so we ride...
                    Then they read my license plate and it says
                    " KATchup "

Comment

Here is a full bandit for not to much more.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Damn , I'd hit it for $1800 if I had that ....
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          Damn , I'd hit it for $1800 if I had that ....
                          ditto! I told myself no more bikes, but I would not be able to pass that up.
                          I could make my money back just on everything but the motor. only about one out of every 10-15 bikers I have met around here has ever heard of ebay.....so you can get good money for parts. one of the salvage yards here wanted to charge me $350 for an old set of carbs.

but seriously, it doesn't look like it would take much to get that sucker on the road again.

Comment

I got my 1100 motor for $50 complete
                            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

I like blackkat's price! Hehehee
                              97 Katana 600
                              [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Working...
                              X