X

countersteer video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• countersteer video

i saw this on youtube, the guy isnt the best instructor but its still a cool video. he has a bunch of others too hes made.

03 katanika

Cool vid...........shows the peeps who don't know how to counter steer. I like the motorcycle lane in the city. Would save a lot of time getting through rush hour...........wish we had one

Comment

Originally posted by knight_rider
      Cool vid...........shows the peeps who don't know how to counter steer. I like the motorcycle lane in the city. Would save a lot of time getting through rush hour...........wish we had one
      we have bicycle lanes Everywhere here, ive been known to use them lol.
      03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by knight_rider
        Cool vid...........shows the peeps who don't know how to counter steer.
        people who don't know how to counter steer, imho, should not even be on a bike. it SHOULD be covered in any MSF course......and I think EVERYONE who takes up riding should be obliged to take the course. And those who have been riding for a while, who never took an MSF course, should be obliged to take one. I do realize that there are many long time riders who never followed a course, and really don't need to, but by making it mandatory, you take care of the ones who THINK they don't need to follow a course.

I don't know.....I guess I just find it weird that they have to learn it from youtube.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
          people who don't know how to counter steer, imho, should not even be on a bike.
          Well at least not a moving one..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            but of course.

I have no objections if they just want to sit on one and make "vroom vroom" sounds.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i forget who it was, but they took some sport bike and attached handlebars/controls direct to the frame. then had a bunch of the guys saying they steer only by leaning get on for a ride. of course you cant steer correctly just by leaning, made alot of people look like idiots when they tried.
              03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                That's the thing , alot of people DO it , but don't realize they ARE . I did on my first bike (Shadow 500 ) . I wasn't REAL sure about what I was doing until I talked about it with a rider from way back , and he confirmed my suspicions (push left to go left) . If you just ride and don't think about HOW , then yeah , you'll never get it . But if you THINK about what's happening , you'll figger it out one day .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I find that counter-steering is the intuitive thing for me...

/shrug

Peace,

6P
                  When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - James Marshall Hendrix

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Comment

this countersteering is essentially the same thing as pushing right to turn right, and pushing left to lean left. if your right arm is pushing then your left is pulling. i don't see anything special in what he is doing.

whoops i guess i didn't watch teh video the whole way through. i thought it was a guy saying that inorder to counter steer you had to pull on the left bar to go right and vice versa, totally excluding the pushing part, just disreguard. no sleep makes thing get skewed.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                    X