Clear All

• Got This Info On Diff's Between 05,06 and 07 Bandit 12's

From [email protected]:

Here's the scoop on the differences between 05s, 06s & 07s
    Posted by: "Alan, Judy" [email protected] aruss55
    Sun Dec 3, 2006 9:44 am (PST)
    Here's the scoop on the differences between 05s, 06s & 07s

01-05 Bandit 1200
    The 2001 year model Bandit 1200 got a new frame and an updated engine as well as a number of detail improvements.
    1, The fairing on the S model was all new, as well as a new headlight.
    2, The front forks were new and the front brakes got 6 piston a side calipers, instead of the earlier 4.
    3, The engine delivered more torque than before and had more efficient cooling.

06 Bandit 1200
    The 06 year model Bandit 1200 featured new styling and improved comfort.
    1, The fairing is narrower, shorter with slightly taller windshield. The fairing and windshield are positioned closer to the rider.
    2, The fuel tank is 30mm shorter, reducing the reach to the handlebars, yet it retains the 20 litre capacity.
    3, The seat is 25mm narrower and the seat height is adjustable from 785mm to 805mm.
    4, The instrumentation is new and includes an analogy Tachometer with digital LCD speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge and clock.
    5, 43mm Front forks are new, front axel diameter goes from 20mm to 25mm and brake caliper mounts have been revised. Front brake calipers change to 4 piston TOKICO calipers.
    6, The rear swing-arm is new and is 46mm longer them the previous model. The rear axel is 8mm larger in diameter (28mm verses 20mm).
    7, The wheel rims are new with a spiral three spoke design.

07 Bandit 1250
    The 2005 year Bandit carries over the styling and most of the features of the 06 model.
    1, The engine is all new, liquid-cooled and features digital fuel injection.
    2, Capacity increased from 1157cc to 1255cc.
    The transmission is now a 6 speed.
    3, Seat height is adjustable from 790mm to 810mm.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

I want some news on the bolt pattern for the 07 models. Is it the same as the 06, thus being the same as the kat??? That would be sweet I don't ever seem to know what I'm talking about, but it seems as though it wouldn't be hard to convert the Kat's fuel tank to deal with a fuel injected system.....
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

What bolt pattern are you refering to? Motor mounts?
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Yes, that one.....
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

And the '01's were known as the "oil-burners" .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X