X

Riding Virginia's Blue Ridge in November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Virginia's Blue Ridge in November

Anybody think it's too late in the year for me to make a run from Roanoke to Front Royal on the Blue Ridge? Looking at the week of Thanksgiving. I looked at the weather forecasts for places up there....getting down into the 30's at night and upper 40's to mid- 50's during the day.

Thoughts?
    2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

will be memorible for sure
    You're Welcome,
    - The Social Invalid

Comment

So long as you are dressed for cold weather, you shold be ok. There may be some sections closed though, so you may want to plan ahead. I have riden closed sections before, but I don't know how bad a ticket is if you get caught. I will say that it is a blast to ride when you KNOW you are the only person on the road!

Pay close attention to weather advisories. It is on higher elevations and can get icing before other areas. Donna and I have some great pics of icicles hanging on the side of the Parkway up there!
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

i live in Roanoke (county) about five miles from where the Parkway crosses US220.....our weather is very mild right now and usually is around thanksgiving.....there will be plenty of deer on the parkway due to hunting season(can't hunt on the parkway, so they flock there) so be careful...should be a nice ride...
        Just ride.....

Comment

Working...
        X