Will it fit???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can haul it in style with one word!!

Dually.

So full throttle and get ya a 06 crew cab F350 turbo diesel.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

I have a Z-71 extended cab and put two bikes in the back all the time. No worries.

If you DO use a truck, or even a removable ramp on a trailer, be sure to use straps to secure the ramp so that it CAN NOT SLIP! The worst thing in the word is having a ramp slip and your bike falling when it could have been prevented by a moment to strap the ramp.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

fits in the back of my 98 Nissan Fronteer...with the gate open and the extender in place theres room to spare....

Comment

Anyone think I can fit my 05 kat in the back of my 99 durango if I fold all the seats down?
          -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
            Anyone think I can fit my 05 kat in the back of my 99 durango if I fold all the seats down?
            If you have an extended swingarm I'm not thinking so.... 8)

Comment

sorry.....Durango didn't come out with the "carry your bike" option until 2000.
              you are shit out of luck.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                Fits in a Dodge Dakota with the club cab small box.
                With the gate up/down??

I find the biggest challenge of getting the damn thing up there and back down safely. And if you don't have an incline to load from, your ramp would be about 30' long or you'd have to have 4 guys helping ya get it in there without dropping it.
                It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

I could get it in there! In pieces
                  It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Towing a bike with a trailer is the easiest way to go. You have to figure a trailer is maybe 2 feet off the ground with a longish slow inclined ramp but a pickup at best is going to be 3 to 4 feet up. Plus it's easier to strap the bike down on a trailer ie more tiedown spots versus maybe four in a truck bed.
                    Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

a cav should be able to tow 1000 lbs. if you are towing two bikes with a hefty trailer that wont quite work. but if you look around you should be able to find a car that can drag at least 2200 if not more for $14k or less subarus (im a suby mechanic) can haul 2000 to 3500 depending on the model. ive seen people hauling large boats with buick lesabres and the price on those drop like a stone after a couple years. id look at a used car with a trailer hitch and a nice trailer before spending 14k on a costly truck that will only give you problems when hauling your bike. or a smaller truck with a hitch. trailers are great.
                      '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                      '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                      '80 xj650 maxim
                      "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                      '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                      '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Fiat!

There is this abused Fiat X-1/9 at a shop over by my old work. I always thought they were cool cars, even though they are FIATS!
                        Man, gimme enough beer and tools, I would build my own bike hauler!
                        Hack out half the front trunk, the front firewall (these are rear engined cars) take out the passenger's seat, and Viola! a monoposto motorcycle hauler! Nevermind the practicality of the whole thing, or the fact that a hack like that would compromise the structural integrity of the car, but imagine going to the next track day in that thing (bearing in mind it doesn't break down on the way to the track...)!
                        It's pefect for it! Small trunk in the rear, behind the engine, and a front trunk large enough for tools and whatever necessary supplies needed.
                        There is a Porsche 914 sitting in a field not to far away from my pad...Hmmm...No European two seater is safe from my bored imagination!
                        Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Working...
                        X