Side stand switch = good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side stand switch = good

I used to think the side stand switch was ehh
    for newbies, people who don't pay attention, basicly everyone but me Well today I'm glad I have one. I started the bike in neutral sat on the bike had my left leg on the peg and while putting on my gloves I guess I leaned back or something cause I ended up shifting into 2nd.. Wow had the engine not died right away that would have been messy!!!

Hey Black_peter... :

Yeah.. that switch is a good thing to have. I actually use mine to shut the motor off when I roll up somewhere. Instead of turning the key or hitting the kill switch.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Yeah its a cool thing..I still forget its there and try to start my bike in gear,,with the clutch pulled in and kicker down at least 5 times a season.....All of my older bikes dont have this at all...most pay attention...

Comment

I can start my Kat with the sidestand down?

Comment

Yeah, that little kickstand switch of mine doesn't work
          Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

mine never had one when I got it and haven't installed it yet. Definitely considering it though as it's a wise safety measure.
            http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey Fist
              Yes, you can start your bike with the kickstand down. I've been known to start mine without even being on it. Just make sure it's in neutral, pull in the clutch, fire it up. The only time your kickstand HAS to be up to start is if the bike is in gear. Any other time, it can be down.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat
                Originally posted by Monkey Fist
                Yes, you can start your bike with the kickstand down. I've been known to start mine without even being on it. Just make sure it's in neutral, pull in the clutch, fire it up. The only time your kickstand HAS to be up to start is if the bike is in gear. Any other time, it can be down.
                Yeah, mine was malfunctioning when I bought it, so whenever it went into gear it died, but now I use it like you to kill it at a stop, I start it while I'm not on it all the time
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

I like having it because my clutch switch was dissabled when I bought my bike. It will start without the clutch pulled in so it has saved me from starting the bike while it is in gear several times
                  91 Katana 600. Flat Black, Solo Cowl, Currently for sale.

99 CBR 600 F4. Red/Black.

Comment

Originally posted by 91kathalleck
                    I like having it because my clutch switch was dissabled when I bought my bike.
                    Have you fixed that? Was it as simple as plugging the wires bak together the right way? Or was the clutch switch bad?

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

actually, the bike WILL start in gear with the kickstand down... as soon as you release the clutch however it will stall. It happens to me almost every time at the gas pump

Comment

Originally posted by clstan0113
                        actually, the bike WILL start in gear with the kickstand down... as soon as you release the clutch however it will stall. It happens to me almost every time at the gas pump
                        Really ? MINE won't .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I don't think mine will either. Like I said before, I use the kickstand to turn the bike off when I get where I'm going.

If it will start while in gear with the stand down, I don't think your kickstand safety switch is working right.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Are you pulling in the clutch? I can start the bike while it is on the stand, in gear... but the clutch has to be pulled in. As soon as you let off the clutch it stalls out before it lurches foward... i think it is set up where the clutch overrides the kick stand switch. the bike wont start at all unless the clutch is pulled in... even in neutral.

Comment

hmmm thats strange behavior.....mine must be in n to start with stand out - clutch always must be in when starting
                              97 Katana 600
                              [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Working...
                              X