First Time at the Drag Strip - 1/4 Mile Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time at the Drag Strip - 1/4 Mile Times

Hey Everyone -

Earlier this year I bought a 1989 Katana 750 (100% Stock). A few weeks ago a group of us when down to the local drag strip on 'open racing' night to run our respective bikes and cars. It was my first time, and it was a BLAST. I highly recommend it. My third run was the best - here are the times. (200lb Rider)

Response Time: .207
    60': 1.947
    330': 5.147
    1/8 mi: 7.864
    1/8MPH: 90.43
    1000': 10.250
    1/4Mi: 12.270
    1/4MPH: 111.30

I had several other runs that were in the low 12.3's at 110 to 112 miles per hour. I've seen some specs say the bike can get into the mid 11's, but I think that's optimistic. My 750 obviously can't keep up with the sport 600's or the 1100's (must of which were running low 11's at 120mph) but it was certainly respectable, and faster than a Dodge Viper that was there

Has anyone else been to the track lately? If so, how did you do?
    Attached Files

sounds like fun!

Long Live the D

Comment

thats faster then my 04 600 i was running 13.1

Comment

Those are good times
        97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

those are respectable times...i need to run mine see what it will do someday
          www.gleno.net
          what doesnt kill you will only make you wiser and stronger

Comment

111 mph is really good for a stock 89!!!

Comment

Thanks! I was happy with the times. I'm sure doing the quarter mile is hard on the bike, so I'm not planning on doing it more than once a year. It is a heck of a rush though, and one of the few places you can do more than 65 legally!

Comment

Well done. Sounds like fun. I gotta get out there and try that too.

Comment

very cool - good response time too!
                  97 Katana 600
                  [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Your times are impressive your bike on the other hand is fuggin sweet!!

Comment

I was doing 11.3 @ 119.5 MPH when I raced my last bike. It was an 89 Kat 750. However, it was strapped in the front, -1 front sprocket, V&H exhaust, rejetted (not jet kit, just played with it).

Your 60' times are perfectly respectable, especially for your first time out! Be proud of yourself!

Most people on their first night will run in the 2.1-2.3 range.

Good job!
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

very good. I ran 13.3 Friday nite at appprox 5200 feet elevation 9Albuquerque, NM), per NHRA, the altitude correction is about 12.5-12.6. I took a gixxer600 off the line, but he went around me....Definitely a rush. I gotta go back
                        sigpic
                        Pepe Bouchard

Comment

got down to 12.95 on 02 750 at 5000 feet. gonna do some mods over the winter and see what she'll do
                          sigpic
                          Pepe Bouchard

Comment

good god this is an old post.
                            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun.
                              sigpic
                              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Working...
                              X