No announcement yet.
X

Most common squid bike.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the GSXR around here. There is a local Suzuki dealer right in the "squidly area" of town. So thats what you see all over the place
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Down here, it is a even split between CBR's an GSXR's. Every squid either rides an F4 or Gixxer 600/750. I have seen some start out on the 1000.
      "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
      -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
      -DMX

Comment

Hate to say it, but it would be gixxers.
        You got it.
        Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

In Spain, surely R6 and CBR600!
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Gixxer for sure

ZX6R naw...its a girlie bike
            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Yes gixxers of all sizes are probably most common (all sizes gsxrs). But if youll notice there is one that sticks out that every stunter wants, 900RR. It is probably the most sout after bike by stunters out there. All because of the oil pickup!!!!
              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here it's Gixxers, but in Sweden it would be R1's... if the parents can pay the insurance (at least 8k a year if you have a fresh license).
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

GSXR most definately IMO
                  Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

Comment

Duck? Nope, way too expensive and parts are hard to find.

Yamaha? I think they tank slap, don't they??

Kawasaki? Way too pretty.

Honda? There's a law against it I think?

Leaves the affordable and wheelie-able Gixxer, with parts galore.
                    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

GSXR then Ninjas

www.vwvortex.com
                      I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                      Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

was talking to someone the other day.. boyfriend of one of our neighbors, who used to be with the ruff ryders..did alot of shows on his cbr, etc. anywho, from the way he talked, cbr's appear to be on the rise for squid bikes, now that they are redesigned in the last couple years.

Comment

See, that is one reason I said that the CBR is in a close second to the GSXR. Some are even bring the Buell in to the mix of Stunter Bikes.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Seems around in my area, it is the R6's, followed by the Gixxers.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Up until this week I wouldn't really have a clue. But after this series of conversational e-mails this week I have to vote for the CBR.

I was cruising the LA/Craigslist bike section and I made a comment about a classified of a guy trying to sell his '02 Kat for $5600. A rider in NoCal sent me an e-mail saying he thought I made some good points:

OK you seem you know what your talking about.
                              I went to the dealership and they told me to get a Ninja 250. After laughing for 10 minutes I asked which bike is the fastest? He had no clue.

Which is fastest - CBR 600 F4I , CBR 600 RR, GsX600 or the R6?
                              I commute to San Francisco every 2 months and your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

To which I responded:

As far a brute hp there is little difference between the CBR-RR, R6,
                              and the Gixxer600. Maybe 2-5 hp.  The F4I is the slowest of the bunch.
                              But before I give an opinion on which bike to get ya' gotta answer a
                              few questions, first. It may seem like lip service but believe me,
                              it's important stuff.

What's your riding experience? Dirt? ATV? Street? Is it your first bike?
                              - Honestly, if it's you're first bike or just learning (or learned)
                              how to ride, the Ninja250 was a smart suggestion along with a bunch of
                              other choices: GS500, Ninja 500, Yamaha FZ6, etc. I know it's not the
                              coolest selection, but the smart one. And remember, you don't have to
                              keep the bike forever. If it is your first riding experience I would
                              suggest a naked bike or at the very least, used, (no later than '99)
                              which shouldn't run you more than $4000, tops, for a clean one. When
                              you dump it (and you will, EVERYBODY does), you'll see how expensive
                              those fairings are. I ride a Katana and a Hayabusa. The side fairings
                              for the Busa are $800 each. Front fairing - $500. When you're learning
                              its better to have a naked bike for just that reason.

Is it for commuting, weekends or track?
                              - If you're going back and forth to work or hitting the twisties on
                              the weekend, the CBR F4I, both 500's, and the FZ6 will do the job, but
                              the naked bikes have the less expensive advantages. If you're an
                              experienced rider on the street or the track, any one of the RR bikes
                              (Race Replica) are ideal. I'm assuming that the SF commute is from SoCal. You will NOT enjoy a 6 hour ride on any of the RR's or Literbikes. In the twisties really getting after it they are a kick. Long distance highway riding is murder on the back, knees and butt.

Bottom line, it all depends on what kind of riding you want to do, how
                              much you want to spend on insurance, and where you do your riding.

If you're a new rider with no experience at all the choices are
                              obvious: Ninja 250, Ninja 500, GS 500

If you have experience and just need to get some miles under your belt
                              before you step into something better: Kawasaki ZZR600, CBRF4I, Katana 750, FZ6.

If you're looking for commuting or sport/touring: FZ6, Katana 750,
                              Honda Interceptor, FJR (expensive), Triumph Sprint ST (expensive)

Fast and fun weekend sportbike: Any 600 from the big four, Daytona
                              600, SV650 (personal favorite)

If you're new to riding these bikes should be OFF your list:
                              GSX-R 750, GSX-R 1000, ZX-10R, ZX-12R, ZX-6RR, K1000, YZF-R1, YZF-R6, CBR-1000RR, RC51, TL1000R, Daytona 955i, SV1000, GSX1300R Hayabusa. I'm not trying to be a snob or anything. It's just a fact. None of these bikes make a good first bike for anyone. They all have "RR" in
                              the name for a reason. They're light a hell (except for the Busa), go
                              as fast as hell, and will get the unexperienced in a whole lot of
                              dangerous trouble in a blink of an eye. Don't be impatient. If you're
                              not ready now, chill. Cause when you are.....those bikes will all
                              still be around.

And budget at least $500 bucks for gear immediately: Helmet, Leather
                              or Textile jacket, Boots (try www.newenough.com. Good stuff for a
                              budget), leather riding pants or underarmor (www.actionstation.com).
                              And check out a bike forum or two: www.socalsportbikes.com for the
                              hardcore sportbike riders in SoCal,  www.katriders.com, started by
                              Katana owners but hell, most everyone owns that and something else anyway (tell 'em tdrcomm sent ya'). You need a question answered, that's the place to ask it.

Hope it helps,
                              Tom

His reply:

Thank you very much for answering my questions.

I went ahead and bought the 05 CBR 600 RR and its a blast. Very fast bike, faster than the 250 by an hour or more. I've had my motorcycle learning permit for about 4 months now and I have about 100 miles of motorcycle experience.

Please one more question, How do you prevent the front of the bike from going up and making a wheely? I was at a stop light in Santa Cruz and this Honda wanted to race so when I gave it some gas the front end came up which scared the heck out of me.

Thank you,

I vote for the '05 CBR600 RR.
                              (PS: What the hell do I tell this guy?)
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok so don't listen to what I just said, duh!!!!! what a fool!!
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                                Who knows what is next?
                                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                                X