X

mr. 50,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr. 50,000

the bike passed the 50,000 mark today on a gorgeous ride out in the texas hill country. weather was great, roads were nice, and the drivers actually had a clue. here's to another 50,000!

Long Live the D

awesome...i keep adding 200-300 miles a week on my bike between work and classes... i just turned over the 34000 and heading onto 35000. I am hoping on breaking 40 before end of season, which is about a month away

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Hey how is she. I have 30k+ still purrs like it was new.

Comment

Excellent to hear that you crossed 50,000 miles. How long did it take you?
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

the bike is running very well, in fact, better than when i bought it. i bought it with 34000 back in late march/early april of 05. so that's 17 months or so - almost 1000 miles a month. wow, that seems like a lot, but it's my daily rider. i think there were maybe 10 days that i didn't ride last winter (love the texas weather).

Long Live the D

Comment

It is great to hear more high mileage stories. My last Kat (1988 1100) was purchased with 33,000 miles and I sold it with 47,000 miles. It was still totally dependable and ran strong. Hope I have the same luck with my 1000 Kat 750.

Comment

woot!!
              Congrats on the milestone!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
              '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
              '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
              '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
              '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                the bike is running very well, in fact, better than when i bought it. i bought it with 34000 back in late march/early april of 05. so that's 17 months or so - almost 1000 miles a month. wow, that seems like a lot, but it's my daily rider. i think there were maybe 10 days that i didn't ride last winter (love the texas weather).
                He lies!!
                He had it up on the center stand in gear for the last 3 weeks..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  He lies!!

So the truth comes out!!
                  For SHAME!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                  '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                  '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                  '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                  '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Checking in- 40,000 on my 98 Bandit 1200...
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

waiting....

Comment

Happy 50K anniversary!
                        2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                          He lies!!

i wish i had a witty comeback for that. hat's off to you sir.

bastage.

Long Live the D

Comment

waiting.....

Comment

ok you got me, what are you waiting on?

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X