Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1992 katana 600 to big for first bike? Good starter bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86
    The 600 ain't REAL powerful . But I'd be more worried about a first bike shrouded in plastic . First time you drop that thing and scrath it up , you may cry .
    As far as "how much is too much" when a newbie is concerned ..... that's up to the individual . Some goobers will IMMEDIATLEY see how fast it'll go . THEY should be on the smaller bikes .
    +1 first bike should be old, light and cheap. My first was a CB360. $300.

dropped it 3 times.

Comment

My 1990 Katana 600 is my first bike and it fits me perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by cybyte View Post
        I am thinking of a 1992 katana 600 in the next couple of months for my first bike. Is this a good starter bike?
        I think it would be a great starter bike. It's not too heavy and not overly powerful. The best thing to remember when being a newbie is to always respect the power of the bike. Regardless how little it is. My first running bike was a '81 GS1000. I was frustrated one day as ti was acting up and really romped on it. I spun the tire then the front end came up on me and I wasn't expecting that old piecer to have that much power and it really caught me off guard. Needless to say I am sure to be alot more careful unitil I get to know my bikes.

Comment

i have a 93 kat 600 my first bike great bike to have
          sigpic

Comment

My Kat 600 was my first bike and I'm still alive. Just respect the power of the bike and you'll be fine. That and don't drive like an idiot (you would think this would be common sense, but these days I'm not so sure).
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

grrr... arrgh....

zombie thread has returned...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i started on a harley 125 and moved up through the years now i have my first sport bike a 97 kat 600 i only paid 1000 for i love it but it does demand respect im only 5foot inchs tall and 135 pounds so it is a little big but i wouldnt trade it for the world

Comment

good choice, my kat 750 was my first bike even though I had plenty of practice b4 I got my kat on cbr's both 600 and 1000. you'll be fine with the kat 600
                  sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Working...
                  X