Concealed Handguns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
    Originally posted by Mojoe
    I can't remember the numbers, but when the insurance company came to inspect my pool, the agent mentioned something about just as many kids drowning in pools with covers.....and more dogs drowning that if it wasn't covered. The soft cover gives the impression of a hard surface....and they try to wander out onto it.....effectively getting tangled up in the cover as they sink....and ultimately drown.
    Yeah, that's terrible. It like getting thrown into a pool wrapped in a plastic bag. More than likely you're not gonna make it out. Those types of covers are really made for when swimming is out of season so you're supposed to empty your pool before putting that type of cover on. Obviously, not everyone follows that rule...
    I am not talking about those big covers that go over the pool....my bad for the way I phrased it. It is not a cover I am think of anyway.....it is those solar blankets. I was just being lazy and cover came out of my mouth...so to speak. the solar blankets just float on the surface. you southerns might not have a clue what I mean...being so hot and all down there. but up here if you want to keep you pool somewhat warm....as in at least in the mid to high 70's.....you need one. what are the average temps for pools in FL? Here the take all day to heat up, then the cool nights drop the temp again. My nieces were swimming last week....it was like 72 degrees. F**K that! My sac would shrivel up like a prune. I need 80 to even get me interested.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
      Keep your concealed weapons away from me peeps. The last thing I want is for some "hero" to try to save the day and take me out with a stray bullet.

Unless you are a LEO, leave the handguns at home where they belong. If you are going somewhere that is that dangerous, you shouldn't be taking your bike there anyhow because its gonna get stolen or f'd up.

Grow a pair and let all the concealled weapon totin' punks darwinize each other.
      Typical liberal stupidity.
      Do you really think you are at more risk from a hero's stray bullet than you are from a criminal?

Next of your points, in many areas, LEO's are such idiots with guns you better just trust joe blow. In Baltimore, the LEO's get 160 training rounds per year, and they report most officers don't use them all. Most guys who go thru the paperwork BS are more competent with it than many, many cops.

Your last point, when was the last time that you heard of a crime committed by a CCP holder? When have you heard of a shootout between 2 CCP holders? Never. So please talk bikes, when it comes to guns and crime, you are an idiot.

Comment

Oh, I didn't even think of one of those solar covers. No need for them here. As far as pool temp is concerned I can only speak for myeslf. My pool rarely dips below 80 degrees in the winter (I have solar panels on my roof to heat the pool) and is usually around 91 degrees throughout the entire summer (but will get much hotter if I forget to bypass the solar panels ). Don't know how cold unheated pools get during the winter

Despite having a pool, I much prefer going to the beach. Average surf temp is probably around 92-93 degrees throughout the summer. I like to snorkel and stuff and the beach is about 10 minutes away - maybe 15 from door to sand, so...

The kids like it too because they can play in the sand and my son has the opportunity to ask me what every *@!!^* thing he sees is. Also, in the shallow water the yellow tails are all over the place and he loves to watch them jump around. We already went this morning.

Ahhh, Florida. Sure, we've got hurricanes, but I've got storm shutters

My nieces were swimming last week....it was like 72 degrees. F**K that! My sac would shrivel up like a prune.
        BTW - thanks for the visual
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by martinkh
          Originally posted by skasner
          Keep your concealed weapons away from me peeps. The last thing I want is for some "hero" to try to save the day and take me out with a stray bullet.

Unless you are a LEO, leave the handguns at home where they belong. If you are going somewhere that is that dangerous, you shouldn't be taking your bike there anyhow because its gonna get stolen or f'd up.

Grow a pair and let all the concealled weapon totin' punks darwinize each other.
          Typical liberal stupidity.
          Do you really think you are at more risk from a hero's stray bullet than you are from a criminal?

Next of your points, in many areas, LEO's are such idiots with guns you better just trust joe blow. In Baltimore, the LEO's get 160 training rounds per year, and they report most officers don't use them all. Most guys who go thru the paperwork BS are more competent with it than many, many cops.

Your last point, when was the last time that you heard of a crime committed by a CCP holder? When have you heard of a shootout between 2 CCP holders? Never. So please talk bikes, when it comes to guns and crime, you are an idiot.
          wow only 160 rounds per year? last time at the range i put over 200 through my pistol and was wanting more. i agree that most people out packing are very well good with their weapons. now the housewife with a revolver in her purse is another story. she would not likely try to be the hero though so im not worried about stray bullets from her.
          03 katanika

Comment

all in all, I have nothing against owning a gun for protection....providing there is a valid reason for it other that just paranoia. and if one is truly responsible and in a sound state of mind, it is more acceptable.
            however, just cuz you got your arse kicked in a bar fight doesn't cut it. there are other alternatives. go take a karate class or something.
            speaking of which, I just think it would be a bit cooler if people took that step first before resorting to carrying a gun on them all the time.
            the thing that freaks me out about guns is that when one is pulled out, emotions start running wild by both the person who is holding it, and the person it is pointed at.....and that is where mistakes can be made...costly mistakes. a gun is a serious issue, and I just can't help but wish there were less of them around. In an ideal world, there would not be guns on the civilian streets in north america.
            Who gets to define valid reason? Someone with the last name of Kennedy who has armed bodyguards? A corrupt politician who wants a populace that is easy to intimidate because they are helples? The reason is the 2nd amendment, and the right to self defense.

You don't understand the gun culture, there is no "when one is pulled out emotions run high". I have carried and will again, nothing keeps your head cool like knowing a bad call can carry a life sentence. Guys with CCPs think about this.

In your perfect world, you will have people with bows & Arrows and swords, and you will have gangs running the streets. Australia has this problem now, they banned handguns.

Comment

Originally posted by martinkh
              all in all, I have nothing against owning a gun for protection....providing there is a valid reason for it other that just paranoia. and if one is truly responsible and in a sound state of mind, it is more acceptable.
              however, just cuz you got your arse kicked in a bar fight doesn't cut it. there are other alternatives. go take a karate class or something.
              speaking of which, I just think it would be a bit cooler if people took that step first before resorting to carrying a gun on them all the time.
              the thing that freaks me out about guns is that when one is pulled out, emotions start running wild by both the person who is holding it, and the person it is pointed at.....and that is where mistakes can be made...costly mistakes. a gun is a serious issue, and I just can't help but wish there were less of them around. In an ideal world, there would not be guns on the civilian streets in north america.
              Who gets to define valid reason? Someone with the last name of Kennedy who has armed bodyguards? A corrupt politician who wants a populace that is easy to intimidate because they are helples? The reason is the 2nd amendment, and the right to self defense.

You don't understand the gun culture, there is no "when one is pulled out emotions run high". I have carried and will again, nothing keeps your head cool like knowing a bad call can carry a life sentence. Guys with CCPs think about this.

In your perfect world, you will have people with bows & Arrows and swords, and you will have gangs running the streets. Australia has this problem now, they banned handguns.
              hey ass-sweat.....you are toooo late. this debate is closed. you should have gotten here earlier. enjoy your fireams, Rambo.

and anyone else who wants to keep quoting me when I already said I was sorry for even getting into it.....go fuck yourself in advance...capiche? I am not participating anymore.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Good point Mojoe, and thats the end of it.

Looks like the normal,rational, everyday,general discussion part of this thread is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                X