No announcement yet.
X

review thus far on widowmaker.*lots of pics and long post*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job my friend,i can appriciate the work that went into puting a different swingarm into a bike,i wish they did just "pop in" I put a single sided mono from a Honda Hawk into me 82 Kat, pic's below.I also had a problem lining up the sprockets,but i overcome that by making a offset sprocket for the rear.Keep up the good work,looking forward to the pics when she is all done.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Nice work man! That is just awesome! I can't wait to see it all done!

Comment

I forgot all about the Turbo...
        What a nutter you are!!

Will it be done in time for the return of KOTM??

Comment

Dude!

Comment

:subscribestothread

Comment

That's really nice, you did an incredible job enginereing those modifications, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

That is one huge rearend... superwide wheels.
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Wow good job! So what color are you going to paint her?

Comment

Mmmm...Turbo....

Apparently Mr. Turbo has makes Bandit 1200 turbokits or something of the sort....which makes me want one even more; though I'm broke from my rebuild.....
                    FrankenKat 1216
                    GS Fiter 816
                    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Looks like a MX'er with the USD forks and bar . Nice .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

wow so many replies thank you all

debaser: slegie is a bit to crude for me :P lol

ne-oubie: thats the trick! nice ride man, looks great!!

BP: whens KOTM coming back? theres a major "top speed" event being held round here with a unused runway, its at the end of september.. the bike MUST be finished by then! as i plan on trying to crack the 300kmph barrier, and theres not to many roads round here you can do that on

jaxkat: funny you should say that, your not the onlu one tho, just about everyone says that.. must be the angle i take my shots on, its just a standard 03 r1 rear wheel! and the rear rubber is only 180 section (i love my twisties to much to go any wider.. tho may go 190 when its time for a new tyre)

750rider: its still not 100% decided, wont be till i pay money for the paints :P lol but atm its leaning towards, black base, with light met. silver flames and dark met. silver ghost flames.

but im also keen on a jellybean blue and a fuscia flame scheme as well to make it in your face! its fast coming down to a decision between those 2. if i cant decide i'll draw from a hat.

dood: dont be scared. you know you want it lmao :P

mx: i originally was going to go for the mx bars.. but decided against it, as i like to carve and do track days, so some widened gsxr items have been employed.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                          BP: whens KOTM coming back? theres a major "top speed" event being held round here with a unused runway, its at the end of september.. the bike MUST be finished by then! as i plan on trying to crack the 300kmph barrier, and theres not to many roads round here you can do that on
                          Then I'm sorry I called you a "nutter"...
                          You are clearly mad as a cut snake...

Comment

Go man go

Hope that you do hit your target. I used the auckland motorway system at three am (pre speed camera) on a yoshimura tuned gsx 1100 (81/82 ?) To get up to some ridiculous speeds racing number plates unregistered ahh youth.I can honestly say I know what weave is. Even better was the sound of my mates rz500v4 2stroker in a similar state of legalness screaming behind me..... back in the days when the coppers would kick your arse before they gave you a ticket.

It's addictive crazymofo, whats next if you have allready set your standard that high. Haven't asked yet but are you going to drag it/show it/sell it to me when you want an upgrade. What about salt lakes???

Rode mine yesterday, do you still have the risers and moto-x bars. Did you need to extend any cables. It feels different now I wanted to keep my original bars or use clipons but it would feel all wrong. I am going to bite the bullet and use the moto-x bars. So if you want to get rid of those as well. Oh and about your front discs and pads and springs....
                            1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
                            1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
                            2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

ive used the M1 here for high speed forays before.. 260kmph on the kat was seen every bloody day on the way to and from work.

your not wrong when u say its addictive! 300kmph is the next stop for me. after this bike is done, ive got my eye on a hayabusa... prime for stroker and hairdryer.... salt lakes are DEFINATELY in the picture for me

just imaging wrestling a 500hp busa past 200mph f**kyeah! heaven i say!!

im going to keep the kat as a daily rider, and build something a little more serious, like i said in pm's im plaining on building a sportbike from scratch, frame and all. a nice supercharged 1000cc zook v-twin would go down real well i think.

i dont have the motorcross bars any more. i flogged them off cos i hated the seating position, far to upright, felt like i was riding a fj1200! all cables were extended cos the bars were 4 inches higher in the end. ive gone back to clip ons.

ive got the rear shock, and the complete braking system here for a 99gsxf you know what to do if ya want it

cheers.joe.

Comment

OMG Joe, what a piece of work, truley impressive. You've been a very busy boy! Can't wait to see the end product and how she goes!
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                                X