No announcement yet.
X

Are biker cops too cool?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aah finally somone brought up the donuts connection.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

" It puts The Kat Rider in cuffs" dunno i think ill try. Let me get this right wave or burdie?
      "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

No, I don't wave. I don't want to disturb them - they're too busy working
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

yea no cops on bikes here either.
          Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I wave at them. To be honest I wave at most cops when im in my truck . Just kind of a raised hand ackowledging them. Usually I get the head nod back but I do it because I think they are less likely to pull me over if I ackowledge them. My friends think I am nuts but I will do it when they have seen me speeding or something and they never pull me over.

Comment

If I've seen 100 in all the times I've been riding I can think of 3 instances where they wave back. I, too, wave out of reflex. I think they feel like outsiders if I don't wave and I just wave to remind them that, even though they are cops that they're still one of us.

Come to think about it though....my tags are expired. Might not want to bring to much notice to myself.

Comment

More often than not they wave back at me.
                -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

I've (accidentally) waved to guys on those Vespa scooters because I thought they were another bike coming at me. They just kind of look at me like "WTF????"....

So now I just do it on purpose:

"What's up, brother!!!!!"

'95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                  PurpleonBlack

Comment

Originally posted by J. Kidd
                    I've (accidentally) waved to guys on those Vespa scooters because I thought they were another bike coming at me. They just kind of look at me like "WTF????"....

So now I just do it on purpose:

"What's up, brother!!!!!"

thats funny! i saw a guy on the freeway with one he thought it was a sprtbike in and out of traffic he must have been 40-50 and had on dress pants a gold jaket with a 3/4 helmet with a full sheild ....man he looked dumb!

Comment

I just can't bring myself to wave at Scooters. I dunno why. It's like they're biker posers. Foot halfway in the door and halfway out. I just can't give them any props for some reason. Is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Originally posted by paradoxmd
                        i was riding alone one afternoon when 15+ biker cops came riding the other way. of those 15+, only 2 waved.
                        I wave out of reflex.. I can't say how many have responded.

Dude if you saw 15+ motorcyle cops in one place I'm betting
                        a. Bush was in town (I saw that many at DPS headquarters when he was here) and they had big tme game faces on..

b. it was a police funeral..
                        it was on cesar chavez st. they were heading towards mopac. i don't think it was a police funeral, but it's very likely the pres was in town.

Long Live the D

Comment

actually, both your hands are supposed to stay on the grips when riding, so that may be a reason why they don't wave.....in order to go by the book.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Only bike cops in this area seem to be on tiny scooter-bikes controlling traffic, or in parades .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Its a mindset thing.
                              05 GSX-600
                              89 zx750r
                              04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

I wave...and usually get the return wave.

It's pure habit...'cause I'm waaayyy too paranoid to wave at a cop otherwise!
                                (and my inspection is out, too)

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                                '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                                '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                                '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                                '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X