No announcement yet.
X

Is your bike a "Toy"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I dont consider it a toy,but sometimes it feels like one. I work in construction so it all depends on where I am and whats going on. But I'd rather ride it then drive a 4 wheeler to work or anywhere for that matter.I'm also in upstate NY so Nov. to March are pretty much void. I dont want to be a weekend rider but sometimes theres no choice.

Comment

In the north, a bike is totally impractical for transportation about 6 months out of the year. Mine is a toy with some utility. When I get my next bike, it will be strictly a track toy, but I intend to keep the Kat for the street, where it will be a 2nd, but much more fun to use, vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
        While I kinda consider it a toy, and a mode of trasnportation, i consider it therapy more than anything
        +3 for the therapy, i consider mine a toy but use it as a daily commuter(weather permitting). but mostly its for throttle therapy
        "at 140 MPH, life some how seems BLURRY"

Comment

The bike is toy number 1, can you guess what toy number 2 is???

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Toy...toy, toy, toy!

Comment

My kat is all of the above..

its as much of a mode of transportation as it is a toy, also a means of release from everyday BS we all put up with, a means for a weekend warrior jaunt on a saturday afternoon, hell riding bikes is just a way of life period.

Comment

You had to rub it in... didn't you Wingspan....
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

#1 transport and a toy

Comment

Originally posted by 93kat600blck
                    Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                    While I kinda consider it a toy, and a mode of trasnportation, i consider it therapy more than anything
                    +3 for the therapy, i consider mine a toy but use it as a daily commuter(weather permitting). but mostly its for throttle therapy
                    +4 When the weather is nice I actually wish my commute was longer.

P.S. The temptation to keep on going when I get to work is hard to overcome.

Comment

My bike is a toy! well, a toy to blast on the way to work. I have a daily driver built for stereo competition... 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe. I have a toy car for those pissed off days and grudge nights at the drag strip... 1990 Honda Crx w D16z6 Swap (getting ready for Forced Induction). and of course, my 2000 Kat 600 for nights out after a long day at work.

so, i drive all of these for fun. crappy days, i steal my gfs Saturn...
                      Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

now that i look at it...
                        my olds is for riding slow and low shaking all that surrounds me.
                        my CRX is for scratching 4th while letting of steam.
                        my Kat is for topless blasts w the girlfriend. (and showing those silly HDs who is boss )
                        Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

Is it a toy??

Depends who you ask. I say it is a part of life. Ask the wife and you will get a different answer.

Comment

My Kat is one of my many toys. I try to ride it as much as I can for the 6 months that I have to ride, but the pocket bike and dirt bike are fun too. I have a Polaris Xedge 800 snowmobile to keep me occupied all winter, thank god I sold the seadoo now that was a money pit.

Comment

i ride mine almost everday, at least everychance I get w/ I don't need to carry it , yet like my license frame says, it's "Daddy's Toy"!
                              Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Daily rider. Toy/Therapy/reliable "old truck".
                                I had a 1958 Dodge, I built the 440, put 4 wheel discs on it...It was fast!
                                I had a 1987 CRX. I tweaked it. It was uglier than a hat full of as-holes, but it spanked every civic festooned with wings, a fart can exhaust, and wheels.
                                I got tired of both cars. Sold both of them within a week, bought the Kat as a "learner".
                                A year later, (and lots of scrapes and scratches) I still have only the Kat. I love it! In the rain, cold, sunshine. How else can a ride to work make you excited?
                                Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Working...
                                X