X

Illegal, Gay or both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal, Gay or both.

What does everybody think of Tireflys on a motorcycle? I put some on my bike(green) and then got to wondering if I would get pulled over. Are they legal for the street? I havent seen any law on this.
    I also havent seen any one else doing this on their bikes. I thought it would add visibility at night but, wife said she could only see them from the side, not the front or back.
    Also, Does this seem gay to have these on the bike? I try to look cool and need all the help I can get.
    Demon...Taste like chicken!

I don't know why anyone would think they're gay...

Comment

If you're asking for opinions...I think they're one of the gayest things you can put on a bike.

Do they increase visibility? Probably, but I don't care...see above.
      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Well, since I have yellow ones on my bike I have to go with NOT GAY

You can't see them from the front or back, but they greatly improve visibility of the bike at night from the side. That's what I was looking for since I took the reflectors off the wheels. I got the LED ones since they're the brightest - don't know which ones you have.

As far as legality, down here they're allowed as long as they're not red, white or blue. You'll have to check out your local laws or wait 'till you get pulled over to find out about yours
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I would get reflective tape and add it to the bike. You can even get it in different colors so it will blend in during the day, but glow at night. here are some sources:

Reflective tape sheets for your creative ideas. Our genuine 3M reflective films, tape and sheets are easy to cut with simple scissors and allow you to design, make and turn your ideas into "bright" ideas.

Another thing to consider is a helmet halo. These things are awesome. They cost around $10 and make you a lot more visible from all directions. You can carry it under your seat and only put it one when you need it.

We are sorry but your search results have not turned up any results. Please try again making sure your search terms are correct. If you have reached this page by mistake or meant to come here, you can view the sitemap below to get where you want to g

Comment

I vote gay. However, they do increase visibility and that's a good thing.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
              If you're asking for opinions...I think they're one of the gayest things you can put on a bike.
              I thought Jooyna was!

Oh snap!

Comment

I've been screwed with by cops so many times I can quote the laws since they've thrown every one at me.

In NY State you cant have blue, red, or yellow lights added to the car that are not DOT approved (like turn signals) because those light colors are reserved for emergency vehicles. You cant have flashing or blinking lights other than DOT approved. You cant have taillight/marker lights or brake lights less than 12inches from the ground.

So if a cop wanted to write you up (here in NY) he could use those alone. But then again cops will make up any old thing to write you a ticket for when they want to.

Comment

Want to see some CRAZY lights?? This is tireflys times 1 billion for the bling factor:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'd love to see the tickets cops can write those up for.

Comment

to bad there like 22000 for for 20 in

Comment

Thanks for replies. I may just have to see them on my bike, if I can find somebody to ride it. volunteers?
                      Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

you decide whether they are gay or not. if they stop someone from merging into your lane or t boning you then i would say they are not gay. just make sure your state law says its ok or you might get a nice fine from officer friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMike
                          Want to see some CRAZY lights?? This is tireflys times 1 billion for the bling factor:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'd love to see the tickets cops can write those up for.
                          OMG... that is the gayest thing i've ever seen! By the end of the year I bet I see at least one $500 civic with with a $1500 paint job, $1000 CF adjustable wing, and $2000 audio system, and a set of those rims.

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I like the trucker girls, if you want lights put LEDs under the bike like the cars do.

Comment

Are those under LED light kits legal in BAMA? I Like the blue ones.
                              I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Working...
                              X