Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by marlinmike View Post
    OK was able to get them all out, would anyone happen to know what size the float bowl screws are (4mm?)??
    I don't know on the 1100s. They are either 4mm or 5mm x 12. The bst36s on the 750 use 5mm.

Not saying that's the same, but...

I'd take one off and check it.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• marlinmike
    replied
    OK was able to get them all out, would anyone happen to know what size the float bowl screws are (4mm?)??

Leave a comment:

• marlinmike
    replied
    Really appreciate the assist, will be working on it this weekend and you tips will really help, thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Might want / need to clip a little back on the plug wire, but yes... cap screws onto the wire. It's a self taping screw, so cut back wire and screw on tight. May want to do that on all 4. If the ends are hard... not soft/flexible, cut back to the flexible part and reseat.

The screws on the carb are JIS... so will strip with a philips driver. I normally replace them with hex caps. Since I replace them, I have no issue with slotting the heads, drilling the heads off, or getting a good tight grip on them with a needle nose vise grips and turning them out. An impact helps too if you have one.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• shpielers
    replied
    Plug wire screws in.

Keep soaking them in penetrating fluid. An impact driver can help with those screws.

Leave a comment:

• marlinmike
    started a topic Plug Wire and carb question

Plug Wire and carb question

New here and would appreciated some help:

Just picked up a friends 1990 Katana 1100, typical issues with a bike stored for a long time, so looking to bring back to to life, but a couple issues:

Plug wire came out of cap spark plug assembly, when I look online for parts it looks like its made to slide back on, like the end pierces/penetrates plug wire, or is it perminately connected as one assembly?

Took carb's off, but cannot get the float bowl screws lose, soaked in WD40 for a couple days, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
Working...
X