German restricted 1100's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German restricted 1100's

Hi
    Does any one know how the GSX1100f were restricted for the German market? It looks like they were restricted to 100hp, I ask the question as I have been offered a german GSX1100 and the owner thinks its a restricted model. I would like to buy it if I can de restrict it easily.

Thanks for any ideas
    sigpic
    "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

This is only an educated guess based on some of the european models we got here in the uk as grey imports & not specifically german ones so dont take it as gospel

A couple ive dealt with had washers tacked into the top of the downpipes similar to what was in the late 80's uk gsxr slingshots, others had webs or washers between the carbs & head & all had odd jetting, we found no other restrictors, cdi, cams & timing was all stock 1127 fare

hope it helps
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Thanks Tone
      That dont sound impossible to get over, I suppose Suzuki wouldnt have made different heads for the German market so the washers make sense. If the owner will drop a few quid Il see if I can get hold of the 1100.
      sigpic
      "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

Comment

I think you are referring to the FRENCH law 100 hp limit

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          I think you are referring to the FRENCH law 100 hp limit
          It was europe wide until triumph broke the rules slightly with the 140 odd bhp daytona 1200 every maker followed suit shortly after
          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Hi Kevin, somewhere way,way back in the 1100's only section are a couple of posts from a guy in (If memory serves) Portugal who thought he had one of these restricted German models. He was under the impression that the restriction was mostly created by using smaller diameter downpipes. He did actually give some measurements of what he had and what they should be but I forget now.
            Mine is still not as lively as my mate's 1996 CBR1000F which makes me think I might have one of these restricted bikes . Any chance of you putting a vernier across one of your downpipes for comparison ? I have measured 35mm dia for my pipes.

Best wishes, Colin.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Working...
            X