X

air box ?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air box ?"

I have a 1990 1100 with some cheap individual air pods, on ebay there is a 88 and 92 air boxs will either one of them work?
    1990 katana 1100

sounds like you have k&n pods. Hows it run? Im not sure about the 1100 airbox but im sure someone will shortly
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

you really want to put the stock air box back in? I thought you had to pull the engine to do that.
      01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

that would suck. this is a project bike i bought. it has cheap emgo filters. i started taking the carbs apart and it has stock jets. i just thought it would be easier to put a stock air box on.
        1990 katana 1100

Comment

if you think you can squeeze a stock air box in there, I bet I can hook you up with a deal.
          01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

i looked at the online manual and it shows that it can be taken out with the motor in, i already paid for the air box on ebay.
            1990 katana 1100

Comment

You done right. Not only do you not have to pull the motor to install the airbox, you don't even have to pull the carbs. Take out the air filter and put your hand inside the airbox to hold the boots on the carbs as you tighten the clamps.

Oh, before you install the airbox make sure the boots are well sealed to the airbox body. If they're loose then seal them up with a bit of silicone.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Just pulled my airbox tonight. Had to pull the tank but thats about it.

Comment

airbox

all the airboxs are the same . i have done that before

Comment

Working...
                  X