Rear brake caliper on my '88 GSX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake caliper on my '88 GSX

Hi Guys

I swapped the rear disk on it last night and when I went to bleed the brakes the bleed nipple snapped

I just got the bike and it's been neglected for years. Is there anything more modern that I could bolt on instead?

I posted on the brake forum but so far no replies
    Attached Files

The pre 660/750 and 89-91 GSXR calipers will probably fit the caliper bracket. My question would be clearance for the wheel vs the caliper.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks ...BTW I've seen the pre used quite a bit pre what/when?

Comment

Originally posted by nismo View Post
        Thanks ...BTW I've seen the pre used quite a bit pre what/when?
        88-97 gsx600f, and 89-97 gsx750f models.

For this purpose, stick with the 90-97 model 600s or any of the 750s.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey!

Comment

So I can get this caliper he says it's off a 600 or 750 GSXR. Now I need to find out if it's big enough as it looks smaller than the original. I'll check if the pads and disk are a similar/same size
            Attached Files

Comment

Just found one on ebay for US$55 shipping to NZ is $65 problem solved =-)

Comment

The stock rear brakes weren't bad, just use good pads. I am pretty sure I have a rear caliper just sitting in my basement.
                01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
                  The stock rear brakes weren't bad, just use good pads. I am pretty sure I have a rear caliper just sitting in my basement.
                  Thanks, I've brought and paid for the eBay one so it's a done deal

Comment

Working...
                  X