X

Start button issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start button issue

Great second post is a issue.. Well when I push to start the bike I get nothing. Lights all work battery is at 12v. I have most of the plastics off and the fuel tank off and on the center stand. If I jump the starter relay the starter will go any ideas

clutch safety switch, are you pulling the clutch in, is the run/stop switch in the run position? try the simple things first.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It could be the safety switch for the sidestand....

Good luck finding the problem, Engelskmannen.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

ditto. You should be able to by-pass the clutch safety switch easily where it plugs into the harness. Jumper it there.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

The (evil) clutch safety switch is the absolute first place to look. I've never had a Suzuki where that didn't die. Follow the wires from the pivot point of the clutch down, under the tank. Where they connect to the main wiring harness, disconnect and plug the main harness connectors to each other. That's all it takes.

Just make a habit of either holding the clutch lever or checking to be sure you're in neutral (by rolling the bike a bit) when you start the bike.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

It was the clutch swith that fell apart inside the lever end. Thanks to all

Comment

Working...
            X