X

1990 1100f carb swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 1100f carb swap

Anyone have any ideas or knowledge about getting rid of the factory 34s and switching to a full mechanical set like what was on mid 80s big gsxr. Surely someone has done that on this site. What I am wanting to know is, which year or years will fit the head, and also clear the frame?
    RIding sober really ain't as bad as I thought it would be.

Originally posted by spvinny78 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas or knowledge about getting rid of the factory 34s and switching to a full mechanical set like what was on mid 80s big gsxr. Surely someone has done that on this site. What I am wanting to know is, which year or years will fit the head, and also clear the frame?
    I've done the swap on the mikuni rs carbs.
    If you end up going with those, will be more than happy to share info.
    Only reason for swap was for built motor .RS carbs w/ pingle gas guzzler.
    Best to get with me at [email protected]
    Terry

Comment

Well , I know the BST36ss is what's on the GSXR1100 up to a certain point ... Same carbs that are on the Kat 750 , as a matter of fact , just jetted differnt . That's what I'm running on my 1127/1216 .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The GSX1100G has the same engine as the 1100 Kat except with shaft drive output and 36mm carbs. Get your jetting from there. Should be able to use the manifold boots from the G, too.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

another question

Do you know which if any exhaust systems will fit the 1990 gsx1100f Katana? I am having trouble finding an aftermarket system for that model. Wondering if older gsxr1100 pipes will fit. Any thoughts?[QUOTE=T

Comment

Don't post the same thing twice. That's not cool.

Comment

My first question was about carbs. What other models would fit the head. My second question is about exhaust systems. Its pretty hard to find an aftermarket system for the 90 gsx1100f. I wanted to know if any gsxr systems would fit without major modifications. Any ideas? I have already tried the bandit system from a 96 1200. It fit, kinda. But the lower fairing wouldn't mount with it on.

Comment

If you feel flush
                Premium Motorradauspuffanlagen - Slip-on - tiefer Sound - sportliches Design - MADE in GERMANY - ausgezeichnetes Preis-Leistungsverhältnis --> JETZT hier KA
                If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
                  flush indeed, ~700 quid + shipping...
                  I mean, sure I want one, but that'd end up being close to $1500, if not over, by the time it hit my doorstep.
                  ...If anyone out there is feeling generous...

Might be worth calling Dale Walker at Holeshot. They used to do a ton with the old oil cooled GSXRs, and probably a fair amount with the Kat 1127. I doubt they'd have anything just lying around, but they might be coaxed to do a one-off for you, or have suggestions for what else might fit.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I agree, that Cobra is absolutely stunning, but not 700 worth. I have a full Yoshi on mine, but good luck trying to find one.
                    2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                    1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                    1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                    1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                    X