X

Help on carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on carbs?

Finally went to look at a 93 katana 1100 tonight and a couple of things the guy has racing carbs on the bike because at the time he could not get whatever he needed for the fix or rebuild so I know I have to see if he has the original carbs packed away. If he does not how difficult and expensive will it be to get a replacement? He does have a factory manual for the bike and a corban seat also the stock seat the bike has hindle exhaust and a full stock system that he put away when it was changed. Is stock or the hindle better. Finally the factory mirrors are off as the left blew off on a ride and is no more, so mirrors available? Costly?
    The bike runs well but I am inclined to go back to stock. He is asking $1700. Thoughts ? Opinions all comments appreciated.
    Ps it is the fastest color red

Thanks jb

how many miles does it have?

Seems a little high assuming it needs tires, brake lines, brake pads, fork seals, chain, sprockets, calipers rebuilt, clutch line, new fork oil, rear shock, and more. If it has any of these then you are ahead. I guess what I am saying is be prepared to dump at least $500 into it to make it a safe ride.

It also depends on your location. Seems like motorcycles are selling slow here in SoCal.
    '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Originally posted by subforry View Post
      how many miles does it have?

Seems a little high assuming it needs tires, brake lines, brake pads, fork seals, chain, sprockets, calipers rebuilt, clutch line, new fork oil, rear shock, and more. If it has any of these then you are ahead. I guess what I am saying is be prepared to dump at least $500 into it to make it a safe ride.

It also depends on your location. Seems like motorcycles are selling slow here in SoCal.
      It has 55000km or about 31000 miles , but tires are one year old and the other things you mentioned have been done in the last year. Te bike runs great other than having some type of racing carb and the hindle exhaust. Really not so bad other than bike was really dusty from not being used this last month. I am in ontario Canada so not sure how its pricing compares with SoCal

Comment

I'd offer 900, and go no higher than 1000.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I'd offer 900, and go no higher than 1000.
          Daring and way below the $1 per CC, but you can't pay too little
          '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

1100 Kat Carb kits:
            [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/360559382367?item=360559382367&viewitem=&vxp=mtr"]Suzuki 88 93 GSX1100F Katana GSX1100 Carb Kits | eBay[/ame]
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by subforry View Post
              Daring and way below the $1 per CC, but you can't pay too little
              It's a 20 year old bike that needs a lot of work, I think $1k is pretty appropriate.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

And one with the F/A screws
                [ame="http://compare.ebay.com/like/230970065348?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&va r=sbar"]K&L Economy Carb Repair Kit fits SUZUKI GSX 1100 F KATANA 1988-1993 18-9336 on eBay![/ame]
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

mirrors are really hard to find,almost non existence....does it have all the fairings??? lower ones too ? if most of the parts are there like 98 percent
                  of it than maybe 1400, there's one in town here kijji gta asking 2500 looks stock..1993. seen a couple last year all were around 2 grand. Its rare to find a mint one,most need at least 500.00 and that's doing the work yourself..

Comment

Right now, there's a set of 1100 carbs on ebay for USD $250. Depending on what carbs are on it now, you may be able to sell them for that or even more. As for the mirror, you'll have trouble finding a stock one and if you do, it'll cost you. Best bet will probably be to go with a pair of aftermarket mirrors. The Corbin is a definite plus and the Hindle exhaust should be much lighter than the stock one. Other than that, the only real advantage to the aftermarket exhaust over the original is if you like the sound.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for all the advice folks I am going to speak tote owner this weekend hopefully he is open to bargaining and yes all the fairings are there also he has one mirror so technically I would only nees to find one. Lmao
                      Also has the full stock exhaust and seat that could bring in some coin I suppose.
                      The owner is looking to see if he can find the original carbs

Comment

Working...
                      X