X

1989 1100 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 1100 katana

just picked a 1100 with oem saddle bags in mint condition.never saw these bags before. they are a nice thing to have

Originally posted by rothem View Post
    just picked a 1100 with oem saddle bags in mint condition.never saw these bags before. they are a nice thing to have
    Do you have pics of the bike and bags ?
    2006 Suzuki GSXF-750 Katana

"If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything"

Comment

Welcome

+1 on pics

Comment

1989 1100 kat

pics are coming when i find out how to post them

Comment

I think I want those saddle bags you have .lol . Those hard cases are worth their weight in gold . post pics if you can. 1100 are sweet bikes..

Comment

Nice find, welcome and good luck on your tour - would come with you on my 1100 but we're a bit too far apart

Engelskmannen.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

You don't want those bags. They're junk but I can help you out. Take them off the bike immediately and ship them and the brackets to me. I'll let you have my trusty Chase Harper soft-sides. No charge!
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

my friend told me to put them on ebay, he said they will bring alot of money. is that true ?

Comment

No, no. Not at all. Just send them to me. I'll let you have my soft-sides and you'll be WAY ahead!

Yes, I'm kidding. (sorta) Those things are really hard to find. Nut-Nut found some about a year ago for about $150 and counted himself way ahead. I'd love to have a set but on my budget I'm going to have to stick with my soft-sides.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

$150 for the pair sounds like a steal! Hell, they cost me $500 for the pair when I bought them in 89. When I finally sell my bike in a year or two, I will have to offer the bags up on here first.

Comment

If you have the complete set and mounts, then they could fetch a pretty penny, yes, I got lucky because the guy got pissed and put them up for buy now at a really low price...
                      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhere View Post
                        $150 for the pair sounds like a steal! Hell, they cost me $500 for the pair when I bought them in 89. When I finally sell my bike in a year or two, I will have to offer the bags up on here first.
                        I'll give you $50 unseen!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Iv been looking for a nice set of sattle bags
                          2003 Katana 600
                          Loud and Proud

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            I'll give you $50 unseen!
                            I can see them but I can see it would take more then $50 to make me part with them. I still use them when I think it may rain. I always have more layers on in the morning commute, compared to my ride home.

You know you live in the Colorado high country when you always have 3 pairs of gloves in your tank bag. One full on winter set for those below freezing mornings, even possible in July & August. One summer set with no perforations for those occasional evening ride homes where it is actually hot out. And one lighter winter set for when the evening commute is stormy and you need more then the summer set!

Comment

oem bags

I just mounted them on my 93 1100 kat , they are sweet. wife sent me downtown for a gallon of milk, it fit right in the saddlebag . i love it , no more truck to town.

Comment

Working...
                              X