X

Wet spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet spark plugs

My 1993 gsx1100f that i bought new in 1993 has 34000 miles has developed a wet plug problem.It starts perfectly as long as the plugs are not wet.I dry them off and its ok. When I leave it parked for a day or two, its hard to start and I have to pull the plugs and dry them off.If I disconnect the fuel lines from the tank and leave it for a week or so, no fuel leaks out of the tank, so thats not the problem.Now are there any carb experts in the Cleveland Ohio area I can trust to sort out my bikes problem.As soon as its fixed I want to sell the old girl for a reasonable offer, it has new tires and battery, steering head bearings and some other work done on it, as I am 71 years old and want to get a DL 1000 or DL650.help please.

Sounds like a float maybe stuck.
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Wet = Oil, water, fuel?

If fuel then I would agree it sounds like a sticky float valve.

On warning, if there is enough fuel to get the plug wet while the motorcycle is sitting then there could be fuel in the oil - which would now be thinned and not doing what it needs to do.
      '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Floats are not sticking.I suppose it could be the float needles sticking.Any carb experts in the Cleveland,Ohio area.Once its fixed its for sale .One owner bike.I bought it new in 93.

Comment

One or more of your float needles or the o-rings around the float seat aren't sealing.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks Bill , thats what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
            X