X

Clearly a better idea..pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly a better idea..pics

Just an update on my winter project here in ontario ( the land of ice & snow)
    I installed a brand new wind screen ,it only took a couple weeks to arrive
    and what a difference that makes!! same as the factory one
    Next i put on a set of heated grips with 5 heat settings (koso)
    I wired them into the ignition switch (brown or tan wire and then heat shrink
    them) so no cold hands this year. I got some ss braided brake lines with the
    red plastic coating to match the new color of the bike as i have not bled
    the brakes yet ,i will take any pointers from kat members on here..
    Recovered the seat with black leather(vinyl) material from (fabric-land)
    cheap -$15 and enough material in case u screw it up, I DID. IT has a real
    leather feel with a nice grain to it. It takes two people to help with the pulling and stapling of the material . You have to work at it but it turns out
    beautiful. Well i did something else.. tired of the way my hazy cluster gauge looked after 20 or more years i took a dremel &scored along the edges of it and got a 1/8 in piece of glass cut to replace it.Total DIY project
    but well worth it.The whole cluster looks brand new..lol its held in with
    velcro . I filled the edges with clear sillcone
    in case of rain..ect.& the cluster cover goes on top. I.m posting some pic's and if anyone has questions or thoughts i'd like to hear from you.
    You guys are going to be tired of me blabbing on here but one more mod
    thats cheap is the screening for the vents on the fairings, home depot
    eavestrops screening ( black plastic comes in a 25 ft roll 5 or 6 $,
    cut to shape with some overhang and tape it in with aluminum duct work tape.Spray it black it looks awsome.. Thats it : enjoy the pics
    Attached Files

Nice looking bike, can you post more of the whole bike?
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

thanks for the reply, i have all the plastics off the bike for prime & paint
      i'm installing an oil temp gauge. found one that goes into the oil pan
      with a nice digital readout should look great . I think i can mount the display
      on the brake refill cover.here's more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried out the heated grips yet? I'd be nervous about the current draw through those accessory wires.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Your right about that wild bill, i only hooked into the ignition wire to power the relay.i didn't want a dead battery..lol used a 4 pin relay with direct power from the battery pin 1./ pin 2 is the main power to the grips /pin 3
          is to ignition and pin 4 is my ground. I have other 12 v conections i am going to be using (my gps, cell phone..ect) still have to figuire out how to mount\those.I believe the grips use 3 to 4 amps.I guess you can buy a
          cnc volt meter for the bike to monitor everything but there's only so much
          room there..I'm using led bulbs for taillight ,signals..but i don't think i'm saving alot there. The heated grips are also fused so i hope i have covered
          that if anything goes wrong. Thanks wild bill/
          Attached Files

Comment

Why not power the other accessories (gps, cellphone, etc) through that relay? Most of the automotive relays I've seen are rated for 30 amps and a cellphone and gps together shouldn't eat more than about 1 amp.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

What brand is the wind screen?

Comment

The wind screen is made from Clearview http://www.clearviewshields.com/
                I got the orginal one for the 1100f but you can order a taller one
                and get it tinted if you also wanted.. They have the best packing system i have ever seen,(nothing was going to damage that windscreen ,lol).
                If you get one make sure you leave both sides of the protective blue layer
                on when in install it,so no chance of getting it scratched. As in the previous
                post for the relay and additional accessories i added a 4 post bridge
                + from the relay,so for power to cell phone,gps..other gauges is a easy
                hookup. I installed the bridge inside a waterproof case beside the battery
                yep the seat fits fine..

Comment

Sounds fantastic. I found Clearviews website and there is no option for shipping overseas but I guess it wont hurt to ask.

Comment

Not sure but i would call them or email them,its a global economy now
                    companies ship everywhere,let me know what you find out.

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
                      The wind screen is made from Clearview http://www.clearviewshields.com/..
                      Bookmarked!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                      X