No announcement yet.
X

My 1994 GSX1100F rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking Beast. I love my 90. I would love to find a set of luggage bags like those. They look great!!

Comment

Since the clutch slave cylinder is attached to the front sprocket cover, can you remove the sprocket cover without messing up the clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by atmosper View Post
        Since the clutch slave cylinder is attached to the front sprocket cover, can you remove the sprocket cover without messing up the clutch?
        Yes you can take the sprocket cover off, the slave is attached and will come off with it. Not a good idea to pull the clutch lever while the sprocket cover/slave is off the engine. Risk blowing out the slave seals. If it's going to be off for a while or there are mischievous buddies hanging around the shop I learned to take the clutch lever off to make sure this doesn't happen.
        Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Ok, now it's time to put her clothes back on:

Next we need brakes, the calipers finally rebuilt:

And back where they belong.

All that's left to do now is bleed everything and ride !

Thanks for looking, Engelskmannen.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Man that looks like a proper job. She shines like new, and I like what you did with the calipers. Excellent job mate, and finished just in time to enjoy the season.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

...aaand you're now the proud owner of a brand new, 19 year-old bike! Man, that bike looks good. You've done a really nice job.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That's an awesome job you've done there, love those brake calipers..
                  you painted . I bet your glad she's back together
                  now you need some ss lines on there..lol

Comment

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, it means something to have some approval from you guys Once it decides to stop raining I'll give her a shakeout ride to see how she goes and handles now, I still have to balance the carbs but so far she starts and ticks over just fine.
                    Next winter I plan to take care of the bodywork, anyone know where to get a set of original transfers for this bike ? I'll probably have to get them made up specially until then i still have to fit the Hagon rear shock absorber that's waiting to be collected from the Uk, maybe fit some new front springs tailored to me and the bike and also to fit braided steel hoses to the brakes (ran out of money) but for the moment I just want to ride and find out if my 1100 lives up to the dreams I had of owning this model 20 years ago

Thanks for looking and be safe, Engelskmannen.
                    Carpe Jugulum...
                    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Very nice job and its gonna be well worth it
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

congratulations but hurry up riding, winter is almost back in Norway
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Very nice attention to detail, but best of all great job documenting and allowing us to share in your adventure. I am never patient enough to photograph everything let alone upload for all us to see. Even though I don't think you meant to, you set an example for all of us to follow. Thanks!
                          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Thanks gents Btw, if anyone needs to see photos of anything on the 1100 it's a safe bet that i have what you want - just ask

So far I've only managed to put around 30 miles on the clock as it won't stop raining dammit.... the bike feels great though, not like a shopping cart anymore - it actually takes bends like a motorcycle now

The only thing to go wrong so far is that one of the chain adjustment bolts has fallen off somewhere - I forgot to lock-nut them in place Doh !!

Thanks again, Engelskmannen.
                            Carpe Jugulum...
                            1994 GSX1100F

Comment

If that's the worst thing you missed then you're doing pretty well. Just so long as you caught it before anything got damaged. Hope your weather clears up soon.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Cheers Wild-Bill, yep, I went over the bike yesterday and found it missing, luckily the rear wheel spindle hadn't moved at all so everything tracked just fine. One home-made adjuster later and all is well and the lock-nuts tightened up this time

Ride safe, Engelskmannen.
                                Carpe Jugulum...
                                1994 GSX1100F

Comment

Working...
                                X