X

Chain kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain kit

So next up is a new chain and sprockets. Currently I have 15/52 (stock) sprockets with 530 chain and, I think, 122 links.

I would like to go to 15/48. It seems like I can just a GSXR1100 kit. These come with 118 link chain. By my calculations I will need a 120 link chain.

Will 118 links be long enough?

Thanks.
    '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by subforry View Post
      So next up is a new chain and sprockets. Currently I have 15/52 (stock) sprockets with 530 chain and, I think, 122 links.

I would like to go to 15/48. It seems like I can just a GSXR1100 kit. These come with 118 link chain. By my calculations I will need a 120 link chain.

Will 118 links be long enough?

Thanks.
      it seems the easier option would be to buy the sprockets you want & fit them then have a measure up using the old chain then buy the correct size new chain off the roll
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
      X