No announcement yet.
X

Thinking of buying a 90 Kat 1100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that is dishearting to hear. Too bad it didn't work out.

Comment

Good thing this wasnt an EBAY sale and you go to pick it up and find this mess. Whew !!!
      Maybe expanding your search area on CL to a few more close by cities will net you more results. Also never hurts if you have friends in other parts of the country whose judgment you thoroughly trust. Use CL to look in their area and have them check out any bike you may find there.
      Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Wassup?

Sent you a pm. Are you still looking?

Comment

I've been thinking about this some more and I realized just how naive that I am. That oil leak wasn't a surprise to the seller, he knew the whole time and tried to cover it up. I should have realized when I saw that the fairing screws were badly chewed up. It was obvious that the fairing had been off many, many times. He pretended that he didn't even know how to take it off. That gunk under the #2 exhaust wasn't black because of oil, it was black because it had been painted in an effort to cover it up. (I tried to scrap the black off with my fingernail. Didn't come off. Oil would have)

That b*tard lied to me the entire time.

Rob

Comment

Well I have to applaud you for such a frank posting on a public forum. Yes, we've all been there one time or another. Just look at it as a lesson learned, and you got off very, very cheap. You could have acutally bought it! I always try to take a trusted/knowledgeable person with me. They help me make a more rational, rather than emotional, decision.

Comment

old bikes / in a nut shell

Comment

Working...
              X