X

how to adjust idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to adjust idle

My Kats idling high at temp. Where is the idler screw?
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'll help you out first, but for future notice, the search tool is your friend on this site.

See my previous post from this link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116155

Also, because I don't know if your kat is pre or post, post-kats have a plastic knobbie unlike the metal knobbie on the pre's.
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
      Also, because I don't know if your kat is pre or post, post-kats have a plastic knobbie unlike the metal knobbie on the pre's.
      Well concidering this is posted in the " 1100 Kats ONLY " forum, I would bet he has an 1100..

As to where it is located on the 1100 I do not know myself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post

As to where it is located on the 1100 I do not know myself.
        sure you do fred it's on the carbs.:bunny2

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
          sure you do fred it's on the carbs.:bunny2

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

If it's idling high, my guess is that the carbs are dirty.... and adjusting the screw won't fix it for long.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

On my '88 1100 it's a remote plastic knob mounted to a angled bracket on the far left carb. Remove the seat then remove lh side panel/bodywork, be careful of plastic tabs. I'm thinking a warm engine should idle around 1300 rpm.
              Go to this link, microfiche Kat1100 parts catalog, page #13

kotisivu, kotisivut, kotisivukone, nettisivut, kaksi viikkoa ilmaiseksi, kuva-albumi, blogi, postituslista, keskustelupalsta, moogo, hemsida, hemsidor,
              Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

You don't (or at least shouldn't) have to remove the seat or the body panel. I can reach mine with my meat-hook fingers. Proper idle for an 1100 is 1,000-1,200 rpm when fully warmed up.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X