X

stater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stater

Wuz up u guys my katana 1100 wnt start and people are telling me its the stater.what exactly is the stater and where is it located at I really need yalls help
    MR JAY

The stator is part of the charging system and unless the problem is the battery not getting charged while the bike is running, it's got nothing to do with starting the bike.

What's the bike doing or not doing? Details would be good. "Bike no worky" doesn't give us much to go on.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      The stator is part of the charging system and unless the problem is the battery not getting charged while the bike is running, it's got nothing to do with starting the bike.

What's the bike doing or not doing? Details would be good. "Bike no worky" doesn't give us much to go on.
      It will not start the starter is engaging but it will not fire I was thinking more of the carbs then anything
      MR JAY

Comment

OK, so if I'm reading you right, the starter engages and turns the motor but she doesn't start.

Do you have the choke engaged?
        Are you leaving the throttle alone?
        Do you have reasonably fresh gas?
        What sort of voltage are you reading on the battery and at the coils?
        When was the last time the bike started? Is this something after letting her sit for a while, a problem with a new-to-you bike or something that just started the day after your last ride?

A problem with the stator would result in the battery not charging while the bike's running. Last time I had that problem with a bike it looked like my battery was weak but when I charged the battery up the bike started just fine and ran (on the battery) until the battery was drained. Then the engine would stop and leave me stranded on the side of the road. If it's just a matter of your bike not starting, I highly doubt anything's wrong with your charging system.
        Last edited by Wild-Bill; 01-21-2012, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X