Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Are there fuel screens hidden inside the carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there fuel screens hidden inside the carbs?

If there are, how do you get to them?

What exactly are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      What exactly are you talking about?
      I think he's looking for screens, like little filters. I've never seen them anywhere.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hi DClark, yes there are micro screens fitted to Vintage 1100 Suzuki Mikuni BS34SS carbs. Its amazing how much better the bike runs when these are not blocked, don't ask! They are a domed shape screen and are part of the needle valve assembly. The GSX1100 service manual (99500-39010-01E) 4-11 shows the needle valve and screen assembly, cheers.
        82 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana
        Badjezz, we don need noh stinken badjezz!

Comment

Its a mini screen above the float needles? I don't get it...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Huh... you learn something new every day. From the looks of the fiche, they should just be hanging out right above the needle, so you should see them any time you clean your carbs, right?
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hi, here is the page from the GSX1100 Service Manual showing the micro screen and needle valve assembly on the left side of the page. The micro screen (needle valve mesh) is the white dome with a cross and the screen/mesh is under the cross. The fine mesh fuel screen inside the fuel tank attached to the fuel tap will stop most forms of solid contaminants reaching the carbs but not everything, cheers.

Last edited by Shin-Ken 1074; 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM.
              82 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana
              Badjezz, we don need noh stinken badjezz!

Comment

So it's right inside the fitting where the gas line hits the carbs? Interesting...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

So, how do I get to it? Do I wiggle the fuel fitting of the body and pick it out with a screwdriver?
                  I have a feeling that mine is clogged with crap.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    Huh... you learn something new every day.
                    Seriously...
                    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Working...
                    X