X

winter 17" swap ahead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter 17" swap ahead

Well after talking with wild Bill on the tele, the wheels bought and on the way, the daunting task of the infamous 17" wheel swap layith before me. Got discs for front on the way, rear 750 cal and holder on way, now I just need the Gixxer 750 rear disc and deciding what front calipers to use. Not sure how a stocker handles, cause I have never ridden an 1100 kat ( only Italian bikes ) so I will have nothing to compare the handling to when all is complete, but it sounds like I am not missing anything. I am pretty excited about getting this project underway and with the motor only having 1800 orig miles hopefully she'll be around for a while....and so it has begun....
    Peace,
    Dave F
    Maryland,USA
    '01 Flame red Aprilia Futura.... and all the non stock silliness that was surely inevitable
    '93 Suzuki Katana 1100 Stg 1 and V&H pipe...( a very cool bike!)

" A man who does not follow his dreams...
    might as well be a vegetable"
    Burt Munro

I too am a Kat1100 owner anticipating your post to decide whether to do this conversion as well. I already read WildBills post and I am very mechanically inclined, just not so motivated at times.
    Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

wheels came today, now I getting really excited! I will take pics along the way..
      Peace,
      Dave F
      Maryland,USA
      '01 Flame red Aprilia Futura.... and all the non stock silliness that was surely inevitable

Burt Munro

Comment

The cush drive from the katana on the gsxr wheel is so far left I cant center the wheel in the swing arm. Now to find a 92 gixxer cush drive and hub assey to go with the wheel.
        Peace,
        Dave F
        Maryland,USA

Burt Munro

Comment

Good luck with the swap... it will be worth doing, after the little headaches, but deffinately worth it..
          Last edited by Nut-Nut; 10-19-2011, 04:51 PM.
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Disgoduc View Post
            The cush drive from the katana on the gsxr wheel is so far left I cant center the wheel in the swing arm. Now to find a 92 gixxer cush drive and hub assey to go with the wheel.
            ??? I was able to swap them straight across.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Mine was real close but the chain was a little too close to the tire with the katana one, so I used the gsxr one that came with my wheel and it gave me just a little bit more clearance. Still working on my build so no road tests or pics posted yet. Do you have any pics of your setup so far? I'm also curious about your alignment probs.

Comment

@thebird 19: Hey, I don't remember seeing your intro post. I definitely would have said something. I'll be moving back to Little Rock next year; we'll definitely have to meet up and compare notes. We've got about half a dozen members in Arkansas now but I think we're the only two 1100 riders.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X