X

power screen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power screen

I'm looking to buy a 93 1100 tomorrow and the wind screen goes down fine but you have to pinch the top of it an pull to assist it back up.

I had read these power screens can be faulty. I's there anything I can do to grease it or help it?

Also, is there a non adjustable aftermarket one that I can just set it and forget it with a more sporty gsxr style?

The track tends to get gummed up with dirt, etc. Take the upper fairing off and soak the track down with WD-40. I've seen several reports that it works.

If you decide to swap out the screen give me a PM. Depending on the condition of your original screen I may be interested in buying it. My bike has a red, translucent screen and I'd like to have the original clear/blacked out screen.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Do they make one that doesn't curve up so much?I don't need it so high either. I only go on 50mi hwy trips max. Maybe 100mi once in a blue moon.

If I can find something I will let you know. It should be in good condition, adult owned, never modded,raced,ect. I'm looking for a clear or smoked one though.
      Last edited by adam731432; 08-12-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Check this: http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/section/sc...rs/suzuki.html

Or if you like red maybe we could work something out.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Is this the kind you have? I was never a big fan of the double bubble but I wonder what it would look like on these bikes.

Comment

No. I've got one shaped pretty much like the stock one but red instead of clear.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Cleaning and greasing ( i use chainlube) will do it. Sometimes its necessary to let the engine run when you run the screen, because the current is higher when the generator charges. I use to turn off lights and killswitch if the engine is shut off, that gives a little extra current for the screen
              Rune

Comment

I called the guy and had the money by 11am the next morning and he changed his mind and didn't want to sell it to me. Crazy craigslist people.

Comment

Originally posted by adam731432 View Post
                  I called the guy and had the money by 11am the next morning and he changed his mind and didn't want to sell it to me. Crazy craigslist people.
                  That's beat. I got lucky finding mine on CL as well, but I had the guy sign an agreement that he is selling it, so he couldn't back out. These bikes seem to be few in between so I wanted to make sure I was getting one. Best of luck on finding one. Keep at it.
                  1992 Suzuki Katana 1127

Comment

power screen

the power screen dos not work on lots of gsx1100f on my kat the screen has never worked but its at a good hight so i dont mined

Comment

Hand Crafted Motorcycle Windshields, Shields & Windscreens for Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Victory, BMW, & Yamaha

I used those guys, cost about $163 shipped to my door. Usually if the power screen does not move it is clogged full of dirt, or it is not getting power. Both are easy fixes.
                      Attached Files
                      01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

That sure looks a lot nicer.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by broomboi404
                          i want to sell my 1100
                          Then use Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by broomboi404
                            i want to sell my 1100
                            don't spam others posts.. do your 50 posts or your be banned...
                            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                            X