X

Selling my beloved 92 Kat 1100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my beloved 92 Kat 1100

[email protected] This is the link to my craigslist add for my Kat. I have too many bikes and have the need to streamline my life. Since I also have super clean low milage Bandit 1200s and they are so similer I am selling my Kat. Since I know you guys would appreciate this bike more than the general public, please help me find her a home.

Link doesn't work.
    -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
    -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
    -2008 Audi S5
    -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

sorry, this is the post,

Selling my super clean mostly garage kept well maintained Kat. It has just about 34 k on it, all of of it by older mature riders. It has a newer front tire,factory pro ingition advancer a factory pro jet kit was installed when the carbs and fuel petcock were rebuilt last season. Progressive Fork springs and new seals as well as new fork oil was just done also. Bike is all stock with only minor scratches from careful use over the years. I have a brand new RK long milage chain and sprocket set that will go with bike as well as all new oem fuel lines. I planned on keeping this bike forever and had started collecting spare parts such as body panels and seats etc. These will also be available at a discounted rate to the purchaser. The carbs need to be adjusted and synced, other than that its good to go. I have other bikes that I ride more and I need to streamline my life for school and work. I want this bike to go to an aprreciative owner as it deserves to be kept in great condition.

Comment

How much? Do you have picts?

Comment

Try this:

Good looking bike. I'd be real tempted but first I'd have to give up my 750. Not sure I want to do that...
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thats a great looking bike. Good luck with the sale.
            Originally posted by chrisgreer23
            Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
            2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
            1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
            2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
            1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Sorry, the asking price is $2500 with all maintence parts. After the bike sale I will sell all my spares as well. Got a new puppy and need to move closer to work,,,so the Kat needs to go. I am taking it to a buddies house to store in his garage so I can put the bandit inside my cycle clam. I will take some more pics then.

Wild Bill, once you go big, you never go back,,lol.
              I like big bikes. To me they feel more stable at speed, have more room and until you get comfortable on a big bike, you have no idea how much fun torque is. I can grunt away from everybody else and still never hit 5 grand on the tach.
              Last edited by Mogg; 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Actually, I went to the 750 from a GSX-1100G. (Traded the G back to the guy who sold it to me, as a matter of fact.) What I discovered was that at 5'10" and 155 lbs (Yeah, I'm a scrawny guy) the 1100 was a lot of work around town. On the highway it was great but most of my riding was to and from work or running errands. So I went to a lighter bike. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 1100's power and comfort but when it's more work than fun...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I had a G a long time ago. It was a great all around bike but was not sporting enough for me. Kinda like they went after a standard mixed with a cruiser vibe but took a wrong turn,,lol
                  I am 5' 7" and 260, not a real small guy so the wieght is not an issue with me. I have been riding open class bikes for over 20 years now and when i get on a 600 or 750 I feel like I am on a toy. They are light, and turn without effort but there is no rush of power that I am used to and they seem to get pushed around by wind and bumps on the road that dont seem to upset the big bikes nearly as much. To each thier own.
                  Wild Bill, I am tempted by your offer and if the bike does not sell I will probably take you up on it, but for now, time is limited. I work, go to school and just got a puppy. My B12 runs great, although not nearly as fast as my Kat but I have to move and need the money to put towards moving.
                  Come on everyone, this is a great unmolested bike, help me find her a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogg View Post
                    ... time is limited. I work, go to school and just got a puppy...
                    Know the feeling! Job, three kids, trying to finish out my degree (two classes each 8-week semester), the wife's gone back to school as well and we just got a puppy, too. Keeps you hopping, huh?

Good luck with the bike sale. I know I've been drooling over the big Kat since 1989 and I can't be the only one. Just a matter of finding the right buyer who's got the money right now and is willing to invest in a bike with only a month or two before it gets truly nasty outside.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

We only get a bad winter here in the northeast and midwest. The rest of them get a decent season.
                      I personally ride as long as its dry out. I would gladly ship the bike to a warmer clime if need be.

Comment

Yah. This'll be my third winter up here. What I've seen is that we start to get really nasty weather starting around the end of November and lasting until about the end of March. I'll ride in all kinds of weather but I don't like messing with icy roads. Man, I miss Arkansas!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                        X